2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Their replacement for Gaines

Maybe. Think we will still try to resign Gaines but this gives us flexibility. His Gaines price gets too high then we could let him walk without over spending and have to worry about finding a replacement.

Just now, marshawn lynch said:

Maybe. Think we will still try to resign Gaines but this gives us flexibility. His Gaines price gets too high then we could let him walk without over spending and have to worry about finding a replacement.

Yeah they should definitely try to resign him since Davis is still relatively an unknown quantity, but much less of a necessity now. 

Ansah is staying with the Lions. Didn't think he was worth big bucks personally. Had the sacks, but not the pressures last year. Also has injury concerns. This free agency class as far as edge rushers go was really empty to start with. Maybe the 49ers take a chance on signing Junior Galette. 

In any case, be prepared for another season of a lackluster pass rush. Unless the 49ers get really lucky with a rookie performance or bargain bin FA signing. 

Had a feeling Lions weren't going to let Ansah get away. Not with such a weak draft/FA class. Thinking they overpaid and I personally didn't want him for what it would've cost(injury concerns mainly). We might be able to get a cap casualty cut, so adding a vet is the most likely route. 

I think our best hope now has to be in-house: perhaps a combo of Thomas/Marsh improving and/or Armstead actually able to stay off the IR and show talent. We already know Buckner is a beast, we just need these and others to step up.

I don't see any rookie pass rusher doing a lot for us. It's a weak position in this draft. Yuck. Even the guys I like (such as Hercules, Obo) I don't expect much from.

Archived