2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

15 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

Dolphins are allowing Landry to seek a trade.

His best years are in front of him.

What would you be willing to trade? 

They could give me a fourth, then I'd consider it. 

14 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

Dolphins are allowing Landry to seek a trade.

His best years are in front of him.

What would you be willing to trade? 

Very little

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Kyle-Shanahan-Assesses-49ers-Need-at-Wide-Receiver/c8f84d78-1100-4b63-8077-bb248f96a51c 

Everyone thinks we need a WR but we have 4 guys that we feel really good about in that spot. Trent Taylor, our slot receiver, is going to be a monster in fantasy next year in PPR formats, remember the name. 

What we really need is a redzone threat. I think it will end up being a TE.

I was listening to Allbright on 49ersHub podcast and he made it seem like we are the clear favorites for Gabriel. I mean okay, but do we really need him? 

Also thinks Talib could be had for a 3rd. I'm thinking 4th at best. 

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I would rather not. Bennett can be a real 'character' shall we say? I take a really firm pass on him. 

Bennett has never gotten into trouble for anything, so far as I know. He's opinionated. Nothing wrong with that. 

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I was listening to Allbright on 49ersHub podcast and he made it seem like we are the clear favorites for Gabriel. I mean okay, but do we really need him? 

Also thinks Talib could be had for a 3rd. I'm thinking 4th at best. 

Considering all the injuries last season I'd be ok with quality depth at WR.

10 minutes ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

Considering all the injuries last season I'd be ok with quality depth at WR.

Taylor Gabriel is a better version of Aldrick Robinson. I'd rather have him, cut Robinson and let Gabriel be our gadget and back up Goodwin/Taylor. 

I like Landry, but I feel he’s not the kind of guy we really need. He’d play the same spot as Trent Taylor, who I think is going to turn it on next year. I really like Allen Robinson and think he’d be great for us, but who knows what we are willing to spend on a position that saw Goodwin have almost a 1k season if not for a vicious hit and Garcon coming back. Sammy Watkins is another guy I like with Kyle, but he may cost more than A-Rob and I like Robinson more as a player at this point.

I’ve heard we’ve been linked to Dion Lewis, who I LOVED coming out of Pitt, but I really hope we don’t throw the kitchen sink at him. Lewis is a good player but he rarely plays a full season and I have serious doubts that he can be ‘the guy’ in our backfield. 

Very glad that DET franchised Ansah as well; that looked like a huge FA bust to me.

12 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I like Landry, but I feel he’s not the kind of guy we really need. He’d play the same spot as Trent Taylor, who I think is going to turn it on next year. I really like Allen Robinson and think he’d be great for us, but who knows what we are willing to spend on a position that saw Goodwin have almost a 1k season if not for a vicious hit and Garcon coming back. Sammy Watkins is another guy I like with Kyle, but he may cost more than A-Rob and I like Robinson more as a player at this point.

I’ve heard we’ve been linked to Dion Lewis, who I LOVED coming out of Pitt, but I really hope we don’t throw the kitchen sink at him. Lewis is a good player but he rarely plays a full season and I have serious doubts that he can be ‘the guy’ in our backfield. 

Very glad that DET franchised Ansah as well; that looked like a huge FA bust to me.

Regardless of who we go after in FA / draft at running back, I Don't think that one person has to be "the guy". I think we are full blown committee next year between Breida / Williams and whoever. I can't remember the figure I saw, but I Think Lewis wanted something like 3 years, 18 milion, and I'm perfectly fine with that. 

I agree on Landry. Don't love him. I really don't see what he brings to the table that we don't already have with Garcon and Taylor, so long as you're assuming that Garcon isn't going to fall off a cliff next year. I just see a very nominal net gain from his addition. Not worth giving up assets or a ton of money to in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Regardless of who we go after in FA / draft at running back, I Don't think that one person has to be "the guy". I think we are full blown committee next year between Breida / Williams and whoever. I can't remember the figure I saw, but I Think Lewis wanted something like 3 years, 18 milion, and I'm perfectly fine with that. 

I agree on Landry. Don't love him. I really don't see what he brings to the table that we don't already have with Garcon and Taylor, so long as you're assuming that Garcon isn't going to fall off a cliff next year. I just see a very nominal net gain from his addition. Not worth giving up assets or a ton of money to in my opinion. 

Landry has 400 receptions in 4 years with crap QBs. Thats the most receptions by a receiver in their first 4 years EVER. I just don't think we've seen this guys ceiling yet. Landry would be a long term option. I don't see Garcon as that. 

10 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

Landry has 400 receptions in 4 years with crap QBs. Thats the most receptions by a receiver in their first 4 years EVER. I just don't think we've seen this guys ceiling yet. Landry would be a long term option. I don't see Garcon as that. 

Still not a fan, still think his improvement to this team is nominal. 

18 hours ago, Forge said:

I have a hard time paying starter money for a back that’s never broke 1k on the ground and has only played a full 16 game schedule 1 time. For 6 per I feel like he needs to be “the guy” or at least take the majority of the snaps. I wouldn’t be upset if we signed him, just not a huge fan of paying starter money to a guy who probably won’t play every game and probably won’t break 1k.

1 hour ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I have a hard time paying starter money for a back that’s never broke 1k on the ground and has only played a full 16 game schedule 1 time. For 6 per I feel like he needs to be “the guy” or at least take the majority of the snaps. I wouldn’t be upset if we signed him, just not a huge fan of paying starter money to a guy who probably won’t play every game and probably won’t break 1k.

Personally I don't mind paying starter money for a guy, when the rest of the HBs will all be on rookie contracts. If we're looking for a good veteran to come in and share the load, I prefer to pay than shop in the bargain bin, and eventually get what I pay for. And on a three year deal, it's nothing. He simply wouldn't hurt us in any way, financially, so why not? His statistical production doesn't bother me. 

Archived