2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

10 minutes ago, John232 said:

Yeah, I'm still not sure about Trumaine Johnson.  I think I'd prefer Butler, Breeland and Melvin to him when considering cost and age. 

Breeland should be a slot corner, so I don't love that. Butler...meh. Should be cheaper, but I don't know what's going on with him. I don't trust Melvin as a one year wonder on the deal he's probably going to get. Johnson is going to command a lot of money, but at least there's a known floor there for the most part. I'd consider him or Butler...the others I don't view in quite that spectrum. I'm still a huge fan of Brent Grimes on a limited 1-2 year deal, I think that can make a lot of sense. Ross Cockrell I'm a fan of for our scheme playing a lot of zone. He should be relatively inexpensive and is only 26. 

Breeland slot? What do you mean? Did he even play any slot in Washington? I like him, especially if he gets back to the level he was at a few years ago. Like I said last week, a lot of rock solid CBs available.

Johnson isn't elite, but he's very good and could be a CB1 on like half the teams in the league. That's good enough for me. 

If miss out on Butler/Johnson, we could still rebound well with Breeland/Prince/Claiborne/Colvin. Heck, wouldn't mind Desir either. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Breeland slot? What do you mean? Did he even play any slot in Washington? I like him, especially if he gets back to the level he was at a few years ago. Like I said last week, a lot of rock solid CBs available.

Johnson isn't elite, but he's very good and could be a CB1 on like half the teams in the league. That's good enough for me. 

If miss out on Butler/Johnson, we could still rebound well with Breeland/Prince/Claiborne/Colvin. Heck, wouldn't mind Desir either. 

I could have sworn Fuller was being talked about as a slot by everyone here when he was traded. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Some people believe that Breeland should be a slot corner as he is far more effective there. They moved Fuller there full time last year, but before that, Breeland allowed the lowest passer rating out of any cornerback in the slot the year before. His career passer rating against is in the 60's (30 points lower than average corner) ...on the outside its over 100. He can play on the outside, that's what he's done for most of his career (much larger sample size) with mixed results, but his aggressiveness plays into the slot spot very well. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Most people believe that Breeland should be a slot corner. They moved Fuller there full time last year, but before that, Breeland allowed the lowest passer rating out of any cornerback in the slot the year before. His career passer rating against is in the 60's (30 points lower than average corner) ...on the outside its over 100. He can play on the outside, that's what he's done for most of his career (much larger sample size) with mixed results, but his aggressiveness plays into the slot spot very well. 

I see, but when I've watched him, he's always played on the outside. Was this in 2016 that he played in the slot? 

Anyways, I thought he was really solid last year. Looked to be just as good as Norman. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I see, but when I've watched him, he's always played on the outside. Was this in 2016 that he played in the slot? 

Anyways, I thought he was really solid last year. Looked to be just as good as Norman. 

Yes, 2016 mainly. I mean, he's got about 1000 more snaps on the outside than than he does at slot (like 1250 to 250), so the slot figure could be small sample size working in his favor 

14 minutes ago, John232 said:

I'm really starting to sour on Tru the more I read up on him and the more stats I look at.  Not a fan. Think we should trade back with Buffalo and just grab Oliver and Landry. 

It takes two teams to make that trade. Sounding like Cousins is Minnesota bound, which means Buffalo is going to have to trade up a lot higher than #9 to get one of the big 4. 

Archived