2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You could consider him a big FA signing I guess. 

Yeah, I wasn't sure whether or not I would consider him one or not lol. But I had to ask, because I think we are going to be in on him. 

2 hours ago, rudyZ said:

I'm starting to think that our expectations for the OL doesn't necessarily match what Kyle and John have in mind. We'll probably be underwhelmed. We'll probably re-sign Fusco and find another Fusco to go along with him and Garnett. Then in the draft, we may look to add another interior OL, maybe a C, but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't. Or maybe we draft Trent Brown's replacement.

I think, for sure, we sign one of the bigger name cornerback. The rest will likely be depth.

I agree that we seem to hold a different estimation of the line play than Lynch and Shanny. I think we will draft a guard in the first couple of rounds, but obviously we are content with Kilgore in the middle (which is super frustrating), and Garnett seems locked in to at least start the season as the presumed starter at one guard spot. With Garnett coming back and Tomlinson still on the roster, I think it's actually pretty unlikely that we bring Fusco back unless he has absolutely no market (which I find unlikely - I'm guessing a team like Houston will jump in there for him) 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I agree that we seem to hold a different estimation of the line play than Lynch and Shanny. I think we will draft a guard in the first couple of rounds, but obviously we are content with Kilgore in the middle (which is super frustrating), and Garnett seems locked in to at least start the season as the presumed starter at one guard spot. With Garnett coming back and Tomlinson still on the roster, I think it's actually pretty unlikely that we bring Fusco back unless he has absolutely no market (which I find unlikely - I'm guessing a team like Houston will jump in there for him) 

And even worse: I wouldn't be surprised if Zane Beadles is back.

Beadles is the new Adam Snyder.

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure whether or not I would consider him one or not lol. But I had to ask, because I think we are going to be in on him. 

See, I'm not sure if we will. I guess it depends on the cost, but this is a deep RB class and Shanny/Lynch seemed to spent a lot of time with RBs at the combine. Then you have Joe Williams still there but he's a question mark. 

41 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

See, I'm not sure if we will. I guess it depends on the cost, but this is a deep RB class and Shanny/Lynch seemed to spent a lot of time with RBs at the combine. Then you have Joe Williams still there but he's a question mark. 

I don't think cost is going to factor into it for Lewis with regards to interest.  I feel like we are interested or not (I have no idea if we will be, but he does strike me as the type of back Shanny would like given his all around game) . I don't think that it's a situation predicated mainly on "if such and such happens, we are interested". Obviously, there is going to be a line we won't cross with regards to overall pay, and he may very well want more than we are willing to offer, but I don't think that our interest in him would be based on a scenario where he falls through the cracks or we are getting a real good deal on him or something along those lines. Now, I have no idea if we are actually interested in him, but I do feel it makes a lot of sense, so we will see. 

6 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

I don't know what people are considering big and depth signings, but I am still under the belief that we'll see one top tier FA, a variety of Pierre Garcon/Marquise Goodwin-level pickups, and a variety of guys brought in to compete. 

Meaning, there are a lot out there probably dreaming about Robinson, Norwell, and Butler, but they're dreams for a reason.

Agreed. A team needs lots of pieces.  Not all have to be super studs, just upgrades from what you've got.  I've been thining for a couple weeks now the Lewis and Gabriel would be nice additions, and not overly expensive.  I'm still hoping though that we add a stud or two.  Norwell or Pugh are high on my list. Maybe Robinson or Johnson.

3 hours ago, rudyZ said:

I'm starting to think that our expectations for the OL doesn't necessarily match what Kyle and John have in mind. We'll probably be underwhelmed. We'll probably re-sign Fusco and find another Fusco to go along with him and Garnett. Then in the draft, we may look to add another interior OL, maybe a C, but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't. Or maybe we draft Trent Brown's replacement.

I think, for sure, we sign one of the bigger name cornerback. The rest will likely be depth.

I can only hope that they've seen enough from Garnett around the facility to think he will be an upgrade for us, maybe he can even be a really good starter. He didn't look good as a rookie, but he was drafted high for a reason.  Maybe year 3 will be a breakthrough year for him.

55 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Agreed. A team needs lots of pieces.  Not all have to be super studs, just upgrades from what you've got.  I've been thining for a couple weeks now the Lewis and Gabriel would be nice additions, and not overly expensive.  I'm still hoping though that we add a stud or two.  Norwell or Pugh are high on my list. Maybe Robinson or Johnson.

No thanks on Gabriel for me. I’d much rather see more Trent Taylor and Kendrick Bourne. I do however want us to go hard after Allen Robinson as I think he’s a legit #1 and could add a lot for us, especially in the red zone.

Just now, Swift21 said:

Overpaying Garcon is going to end up costing us Allen Robinson. ugh

If they were serious about Robinson, then they wouldn't have given Goodwin this deal as he still has one year left on his contract. This signing can't end up costing something that was never a real possibility. 

Archived