WEEK 15: BENGALS AT BRONCO'S / ONE DOWN, FOUR TO GO

AKRNA

4 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Court has to be way more aggressive there. Go get the ball.

I don't know if he has that explosion right now.    Next year, maybe.  But even still, the lack of ball fight can be pointed out - I just have to give credit to Apple, it looked like Sutton had him, really good closing speed there.   Apple's career looked done after failed stints in NYG & NO.  He's certainly resurrrected his career in CIN this year (Awuzie is the #1 for sure).

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I don't know if he has that explosion right now.    Next year, maybe.  But even still, the lack of ball fight can be pointed out - I just have to give credit to Apple, it looked like Sutton had him, really good closing speed there.   Apple's career looked done after failed stints in NYG & NO.  He's certainly resurrrected his career in CIN this year (Awuzie is the #1 for sure).

He had separation. A slightly under thrown ball from Bridgewater gave Apple the opportunity to make the great play he did. 

Bengals are basically only running single high coverage against us knowing Bridgewater won't threaten up the sideline. We're constantly running into 8 man boxes. 

4 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

He had separation. A slightly under thrown ball from Bridgewater gave Apple the opportunity to make the great play he did. 

Bengals are basically only running single high coverage against us knowing Bridgewater won't threaten up the sideline. We're constantly running into 8 man boxes. 

Re: Sutton, I meant the explosion to stop, plant, and high point that ball.  That's the kind of explosion that you don't get right away post-ACL.  Straight line speed is the first skill that comes back.   Stop-start, plant and explode up, that's the last (and that's sometimes what doesn't come back all the way, either).    It's one of the reasons why he's been a lot worse at 50-50 balls this year.   Now, it doesn't always come back, to be clear.  But it also doesn't come back at 12 months - you don't get that back until the 18 months later.   Next year will be very telling to see what his ceiling's back to. 

Fair on the ball being slightly underthrown.   Still a great play by Apple, though.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Right now run, run is just setting them up for 3rd longs Teddy isn’t able to concert. They’ve got to make Cincy pay over the top if that’s going to change.

The running game has done it's job forcing stacked boxes. How is it we can never take advantage? Seriously bud, it drives me nuts.