Urban Meyer Fired

Adrenaline_Flux

• 3 months later...
53 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I know most of us would like to just move on and forget that the Urban Era ever happened, but I just read this article and thought some of you might be interested.  I knew things had to be bad last year, but this is unbelievable.  It actually gives me hope for this season considering what our players (especially Trevor) were up against. 

The quote on the cover picture says it all:  "‘The most toxic environment I’ve ever been a part of’: Inside Urban Meyer’s disastrous year with Jaguars."

https://archive.ph/56qJF#selection-191.0-486.0

yeah definitely sounds like the kind of guy who would watch the Superb Owl with Donald Trump

10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

It's interesting.  Other than on actual game days, there are only a handful of active members in the Jaguars forum.  I'm a relatively new fan who is excited about the team and, while I was learning about the roster and history of the team over the past year, I have tried to make a positive contribution to the football discussion - just like I did in the Vikings forum for over 15 years.

You know what I find incredibly ironic?  I just made a post linking to an article about how our last head coach failed because he created a toxic environment in the organization.  You, as a moderator of this section of Football's Future, felt that the way to respond to my football related post was to insult our former president, a man you know I respect.

As I stated before, I'm one of a very few people who are coming in here on a regular basis trying to contribute to the Jaguars forum.  You may not like my political views.  After your last couple of posts, I am quite certain I don't like yours.  Whatever!  I'm man enough to overlook the fact that we disagree on some things.  One thing we should all be able to agree on is that we want to see our Jaguars succeed.   

I would like to suggest that instead of creating a toxic environment in the Jaguars forum by insulting my political beliefs and preferred candidates, (or playing a cancel culture game as another liberal-minded moderator and a few of his buddies in here are attempting to do), why don't we just drop the political bitterness and share some friendly discussion about football?  I'm sure Webby would appreciate that.

I'm man enough to overlook the fact that we don't agree on politics.  Are you and others in here (you know who you are) man enough to do the same?  I guess we will find out.

if you have a problem with moderators creating a toxic environment for you then i, a standard rank-and-file ff member, would be happy to volunteer to continue that vital work

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:
8 hours ago, -Hope- said:

if you have a problem with moderators creating a toxic environment for you then i, a standard rank-and-file ff member, would be happy to volunteer to continue that vital work

I don't think you're up to the task, but thanks for the offer.

If you believe that @-Hope- is incapable of creating a toxic environment, you must think very highly of him! That is the ultimate sign of respect. Perhaps Hope can be penciled in with your upcoming Super Bowl party with Mr. Drumpf.