Jaguars HC Search (Who knew we’d be back so quick)

.Buzz

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

It’s kind of wild how much hostility Eagles fans have for Press Taylor. Did he actually do something that makes you feel that way? I’ve heard him as a bright young mind from some other outlets that talk about him.

I don’t want the guy hurt. I just don’t care for him. He let Wentz get away with not wanting to be coached. He never did anything to prove his worth. He came in with Chip Kelly in 2013 after Reid and was an offensive quality control coach and eventually became the QB coach after DeFilippo left for the Vikings OC job and it was downhill from there. He may be a smart guy, but I feel like younger coaches are always heralded as bright minds. However, we haven’t seen him in a coordinator position, so I wouldn’t know what to project him there be it good or bad.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Probably not at the top of my list (if Kafka could come in as OC that would be dope) as he comes from that Reid tree too, but idk that I’d be that disappointed with Press with him likely just pushing what Doug P wants/needs and helping him in the day to day.

It’s kinda odd that Kafka hasn’t got that much buzz the last 2 years for an OC gig.

But, yeah I mean Press isn’t threatening to Doug retaining play calling duties if things hit a snag as opposed to someone who has done it before. So from Pederson’s perspective I think it makes sense.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

10 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I wonder if Brian Flores' racism lawsuit pushes Shad to finally fire Baalke and hire Wilson & Leftwich?  It might be just the push he needs.

Not sure how it would factor into the decision making.  Honestly, that seems too complex a concept for Khanman to rap his head around.

• Like 1