Jaguars HC Search (Who knew we’d be back so quick)

.Buzz

26 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

not sure how you can feel pretty confident in Marvin Lewis who wasn't able to win a single playoff game with either Carson Palmer or Andy Dalton but then feel pretty bleh about Doug Pederson who won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles

Cuz Lewis got his teams to the playoffs 7 out 16 seasons.

I also feel pederson alienated his franchise QB and while Lewis did lose palmer he actually made the team better. 

Ultimately neither guy is my top guy. 

If your looking for a program builder I'd say Lewis is that guy but I don't think Lewis wants to really be a HC anymore. 

If past failures meant anything BB would have failed with the pats.  

If past success meant anything coughlin would have made us a continuous winner for a few years. 

3 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

If past failures meant anything BB would have failed with the pats.  

If past success meant anything coughlin would have made us a continuous winner for a few years. 

Maybe we should just bring Gus back then. Past failures don’t mean anything, after all. 

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Literally no one (including ownership) is still here. I really don’t think that matters.

Yes but why would he want to go back here to be HC when he's likely the future HC when Arians retires. 

He's an interesting name for OC or QB coach : Mike Kafka.   Not under contract after the season. 

Right now I kinda want to go with Hackett and hire the Packers OL coach to be the OC. 

10 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Yes but why would he want to go back here to be HC when he's likely the future HC when Arians retires. 

Because by the time Arians retires Brady will likely also be done? 

Because the Jaguars have a QB with immense talent that would be pretty much best case scenario for all these OCs to walk into?

Fairly obvious. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Because by the time Arians retires Brady will likely also be done? 

Because the Jaguars have a QB with immense talent that would be pretty much best case scenario for all these OCs to walk into?

Fairly obvious. 

Arians is already 69 and has retired once before. 

Can't imagine him being able to stay medically well if he was to lose either bowles or leftwich as he lets them do all the heavy lifting as he trusts both of them. 

35 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Oh really so your saying is josh McDaniels will leave the pats to join us? Dude passed on coaching Andrew luck. 

How many coaches have sat around as a coordinator for multiple years to be the “heir apparent” and took over?

32 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Arians is already 69 and has retired once before. 

Can't imagine him being able to stay medically well if he was to lose either bowles or leftwich as he lets them do all the heavy lifting as he trusts both of them. 

Tom Brady is 44. Is Leftwich going to wait around for a couple more years when Brady is 46-47 so he can take over just to get Brady’s corpse? You seriously think he’s even gained enough clout to be in that position with his resume in the first place?

The argument of them staying in their positions and not taking just any job that becomes available because they’re in a good situation ok, but this whole “wait several years and pass up a great gig because there’s a chance they could take over” is ridiculous.

5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Oh really so your saying is josh McDaniels will leave the pats to join us? Dude passed on coaching Andrew luck. 

He also interviewed with the Browns and Eagles since then. If he was the heir apparent, then why would he even take those interviews.

According to the NE media, they don’t think Belichick is slowing down anytime soon nor has he picked an heir.

9 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I never said that. I just said that this thought that he is an heir is stupid. If he really has bought into him being an heir in today's NFL...then he is a fool.