The Patriots visit Indy

Iron_man

Who wins?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes the W?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2021 at 06:00 AM

I guess Sendejo can just hit Harry with his helmet and its not a penalty. That should have been a free first down just like the plant leg being hit earlier on the blocked punt. It didn't help that the offense couldn't score in the first 3 quarters.

• Like 1

We made too many mistakes, they lost their composure when emotions were running high, didn’t make plays when the opportunity showed itself. I didn’t feel like the game was out of reach but it was frustrating watching them constantly shoot themselves in the foot. What worries me is the run defense, giving up giant plays when we all know they are about to run is big deal. This was a gut check moment, they can fix all the mistakes they made last night. 

Edited by The Third Rider

Here my thoughts. I didn't watch much of 2nd half because my blood pressure was most likely of the charts and I'm not feeling well.

1. The 1st priority in the draft is a LT.  Wynn stinks, several complete whiffs and how many times is he going to false start.

2. Mac Jones was not good however that doesn't bother me.

3.  I'm getting a bad feeling on Macs confidence. The talk that going on with 3 throw game could be getting in his head. The Pats are protecting him however maybe to the point that its detrimental to his confidence. It could be he still a rookie and the PO run might be doing it as well. That the 1st time I saw panic in his game. (I'm talking overall game not just individual plays )

4. The offensive game plan stunk. One play that almost lost me my TV. 4th down spirit pass to the right!!!!! Your kidding right Mac Jones who is a pocket passer, strength and you call a Lamar Jackson!!!!!!!!

5. You have to upgrade your WR talent. You have no one that scares the other team. Meyer is not a go to guy. He a 4th. We are so conditioned by the Pats (lack) WR Meyers look like an All Pro.  Mac is going to be real good however never a Brady who could turn me into a #1 WR. I'm sorry but there is no QB in this game today that can carry there WR/TE weapons. Except the GOAT. Mahomes included. No Hill, Kelsea no Mahomes. You have to get Mac (real) weapons.

6. Safely is a high priority. Devin McCourty last year. We need younger more aggressive player. I was going crazy watch the pile continue to move and Devin McCourty,  Jackson, standing there watching.  RUN TO THE DAMN BALL. We need a new Rodney!! Player to look at Lewis Cine Georgia.

I have to remember that Macs a rookie and  consider what the Pats are doing in 2021 gravy.MJ is not Tom Brady 2001 do over like many espn guys keep saying.   MJ will need weapons to max his potential. Pats nation (I'm included here.) can't buy into another dynasty talk,  it will not be fair to Mac. The expectations will be to great, remember their is only one Brady.  

All we can ask for is a team that has a chance every year. I have been on the other side where we were out of the playoffs at the start of training camp!!!

ADDED When I say other side I'm talking Harvard stadium with maybe 2000 Pats fans. Joe Kapp was the (1970) Pats QB!!!!!

Edited by m haynes

22 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Here my thoughts. I didn't watch much of 2nd half because my blood pressure was most likely of the charts and I'm not feeling well.

1. The 1st priority in the draft is a LT.  Wynn stinks, several complete whiffs and how many times is he going to false start.

He has been awful at times this year.. yesterday was one of those times. Having Karras next to him helped him out a lot but he simply isn't a top half of the league LT this year. I have no idea what they could get for him in a trade this offseason but I would rather him not be on this team next year either .. it's going to depend how the draft unfolds but LT in the 1st round is 100% in the cards. 

2. Mac Jones was not good however that doesn't bother me.

Mac had a rough first half.. but he did great in the 4th quarter which made me feel much better about the game. 

Penalties killed at least one drive in the first half where Mac was doing well.. and he had a perfect pass to Meyers that he couldn't catch which would have been huge as well. They could have had more points in the red zone if not for penalties and stupid mistakes

His first INT was bad.. but his second one imo was just an amazing diving play.. he could have placed the ball better but he just didn't anticipate him being able to make up so much ground and dive for the ball there. 

3.  I'm getting a bad feeling on Macs confidence. The talk that going on with 3 throw game could be getting in his head. The Pats are protecting him however maybe to the point that its detrimental to his confidence. It could be he still a rookie and the PO run might be doing it as well. That the 1st time I saw panic in his game. (I'm talking overall game not just individual plays )

I saw panic in a few of his plays... but I think those were just rookie moments. The entire team was struggling with mistakes and I think it was probably a mixture of some panic and frustration with the issues other players were having around him. He played very well in the 4th, so he got it together .. but I don't have any long term concerns about him in this regard. He battled through in this game and gave them a chance to win in the end. 

Had it not been for the punt blocked for a TD ... and the penalty on a FG attempt which gifted the Colts 3 points being able to retry.. the Patriots are able to win this even playing terribly.. I don't like the what if game but this game isn't on Mac Jones 100%.. he had those 2 INT in the first half but they 100% could have overcome those and still won the game. 

One stat I saw was something along the lines of when Mac throws it over 35 times the Patriots are 0-4. That could be a confidence breaker, but if we look back at those games.. I don't actually blame Mac for any of those losses so they don't bother me. This is the way BB has wanted to play out his rookie season, focus on the run game and defense. I don't think they will 100% trust Mac to carry games till year 2 tbo.. we are going to see plenty more of these types of games. 

4. The offensive game plan stunk. One play that almost lost me my TV. 4th down spirit pass to the right!!!!! Your kidding right Mac Jones who is a pocket passer, strength and you call a Lamar Jackson!!!!!!!!

I also wasn't a fan of the game plan.. I think they should have had a pass heavy focus from the start similar to the Tampa game. The running game wasn't working.. then in the moments when you'd expect them to run.. or QB sneak, they do roll outs and passes.. it was not Mcdaniels best game. He was over thinking everything. 

5. You have to upgrade your WR talent. You have no one that scares the other team. Meyer is not a go to guy. He a 4th. We are so conditioned by the Pats (lack) WR Meyers look like an All Pro.  Mac is going to be real good however never a Brady who could turn me into a #1 WR. I'm sorry but there is no QB in this game today that can carry there WR/TE weapons. Except the GOAT. Mahomes included. No Hill, Kelsea no Mahomes. You have to get Mac (real) weapons.

I agree here, the main problem though is that unless they get lucky.. we probably aren't going to see it for at least another year. They just have too many other needs for the draft that I fully expect BB to focus on LT/CB/LB/S/DT before even considering WR. 

Agholor did pretty well last night before getting injured.. and Harry did too ( he could have had a TD as well on the flea flicker if it didnt take 10 minutes to get going). 

I know that Meyers is a fan favorite.. but the best thing that could happen to this team is he gets a 2nd round tender and another team gives him a contract. Bourne can get more snaps in the slot .. and they could get an extra 2nd round pick to grab a WR to play on the outside. 

6. Safely is a high priority. Devin McCourty last year. We need younger more aggressive player. I was going crazy watch the pile continue to move and Devin McCourty,  Jackson, standing there watching.  RUN TO THE DAMN BALL. We need a new Rodney!! Player to look at Lewis Cine Georgia.

Agreed, I have a feeling that McCourty is done. We also need to take into account Phillips.. he could easily get a big contract and be gone too. BB will probably do his best to resign at least one of them but either way I expect a safety to be taken in the top 3 rounds ( assuming they aren't incredibly bullish on Bledsoe .. but i put 0 stock in him as a 6th round pick savior). 

I have to remember that Macs a rookie and  consider what the Pats are doing in 2021 gravy.MJ is not Tom Brady 2001 do over like many espn guys keep saying.   MJ will need weapons to max his potential. Pats nation (I'm included here.) can't buy into another dynasty talk,  it will not be fair to Mac. The expectations will be to great, remember their is only one Brady.  

All we can ask for is a team that has a chance every year. I have been on the other side where we were out of the playoffs at the start of training camp!!!

ADDED When I say other side I'm talking Harvard stadium with maybe 2000 Pats fans. Joe Kapp was the (1970) Pats QB!!!!!

Yup, totally agree. This season has moved the goal posts for this team dramatically with the 7 game win streak. All I cared about with this season was seeing if we had a QB of the future.. they did that so I am happy. I don't expect a super bowl, but I think this team could easily get to the AFC Championship game ( assuming they don't penalty themselves to death). 

As crazy as it sounds, they could be ready to compete for a title next year if they have another amazing draft.. but more than likely we are looking at year 3-4 to try and go after one with this team. 

• Like 1