Week 15 2021 - GDT - Saints (6-7) @ Buccaneers (10-3)

Mid Iowa

It seems we've had the Buccs number during the regular season recently; however, I'm not so optimistic this time.

Sean Payton is locked away with Covid, and I'm sure there will be more players test positive. Hopefully not, but this thing is spreading like wildfire right now.

Although we've got our stable of running backs back, our O-line is decimated with injuries.
Terron (Glass) Armstead is out, again. And of course we're already without Ramczyk and Peat. So, our wonderful backfield has limited protection.

Summary of offense expected: No protection and no running lanes = crap running game against a really decent run defense, so no play action pass. This means Taysom will be forcing passes and probably live up to his 3-4 turnovers m.o. that we've all become used to.

Our D will be facing the #1 passing offense. We've gotten little pressure on QB's all season, so unless Dennis Allen dials up something pretty crazy, we're likely to see Brady put on a passing clinic.

Sorry for the pessimistic thread, just calling it how I see it. Tampa will want to clinch the South, at home, and against a division rival. They'll be playing for keeps, and a home field playoff run. The Saints are playing for a draft pick, at this point. Sure, we're still in "the hunt", but with 3/5 of our O-line out, along with our head coach etc... I'm just not optimistic at this point.

So, enjoy the weekend, and I hope we have some fun Sunday Night!

27 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

It seems we've had the Buccs number during the regular season recently; however, I'm not so optimistic this time.

Yep. We are totally depleted offensively. We’ll need Kamara and Taysom to have career games to even keep it competitive IMO.

Sean Payton is locked away with Covid, and I'm sure there will be more players test positive. Hopefully not, but this thing is spreading like wildfire right now.

yep, very unfortunate. We were like the 2nd team to reach 85% vaccination rate, don’t know what our numbers look like now but I’m sure we are among the top still.

Although we've got our stable of running backs back, our O-line is decimated with injuries.

Terron (Glass) Armstead is out, again. And of course we're already without Ramczyk and Peat. So, our wonderful backfield has limited protection.

IMO our best option is run run run run run run run run run and more running. Throwing (notice I say throwing not passing 😂) only when it greatly favors us, I’m talking maybe 10 passes… errrm, throws… from Taysom all game.

If we stuck to that, Taysom Ingram and Kamara could wear out the defense, by the 4th quarter and I bet we’d be seeing chunk yardage on the ground.

But we all know Payton will not do that lol 

Summary of offense expected: No protection and no running lanes = crap running game against a really decent run defense, so no play action pass. This means Taysom will be forcing passes and probably live up to his 3-4 turnovers m.o. that we've all become used to.

you don’t have to have success running to have successful play action, that’s the thing a lot of people tend to overlook. You don’t even have to run a lot to have successful play action passes. There wasn’t a correlation last I remember anyone doing a big study on it.

I still would like us to commit to running the ball even if it was only getting 3 yards a run, keep the ball out of Brady’s hands, keep our defense rested, and keep grinding their defense down

but again, that won’t happen lol we’ll see some 90-120 second drives out of the Saints like we always have haha 

Our D will be facing the #1 passing offense. We've gotten little pressure on QB's all season, so unless Dennis Allen dials up something pretty crazy, we're likely to see Brady put on a passing clinic.

Sorry for the pessimistic thread, just calling it how I see it. Tampa will want to clinch the South, at home, and against a division rival. They'll be playing for keeps, and a home field playoff run. The Saints are playing for a draft pick, at this point. Sure, we're still in "the hunt", but with 3/5 of our O-line out, along with our head coach etc... I'm just not optimistic at this point.

So, enjoy the weekend, and I hope we have some fun Sunday Night!

Our defense will have to show up. When they do they can give even the #1 offense issues. It’s not like they haven’t caused issues for Brady in the past. That said, they do have to show up ready to play their best football or this won’t be one of those games where they cause him issues.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 9:24 AM, Dome said:

Yep. We are totally depleted offensively. We’ll need Kamara and Taysom to have career games to even keep it competitive IMO.

IMO our best option is run run run run run run run run run and more running. Throwing (notice I say throwing not passing 😂) only when it greatly favors us, I’m talking maybe 10 passes… errrm, throws… from Taysom all game.

If we stuck to that, Taysom Ingram and Kamara could wear out the defense, by the 4th quarter and I bet we’d be seeing chunk yardage on the ground.

But we all know Payton will not do that lol 

I wonder if we'll see something different with DA at the helm, since Payton's out today.

I know there will be a game plan, and we also know that Payton gets QB fever, even when it's not working. He's so bull headed sometimes.

To your point, I'd love to see a game like the Patriots did to the Bills a few weeks ago. Mac Jones went 2 of 3 passing.... yes, 3 attempts. They had over 40 rushing attempts. They won, 14-10. And that's just crazy to think about from a Bill B. offense.

Brady and the Bucs have played **** against us almost every game.  Even the playoff loss was more us shooting ourselves in the foot than anything special the Bucs did.

So for that reason, I wont automatically say we're gonna lose.  However, that is basically the only thing on the planet we have in our favor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Brady and the Bucs have played **** against us almost every game.  Even the playoff loss was more us shooting ourselves in the foot than anything special the Bucs did.

So for that reason, I wont automatically say we're gonna lose.  However, that is basically the only thing on the planet we have in our favor.

Lol yep… going into the game our only chance is actual voodoo