Week 15 2021 - GDT - Saints (6-7) @ Buccaneers (10-3)

Mid Iowa

5 minutes ago, Dome said:

You said he was average in this very thread. Now you’re saying he isn’t a good passer and we lack a passing threat.

That’s not an average QB. It’s also not changing the stance as evidence is provided, it’s moving the goalposts.

Taysom was missing check downs and easy passes. Look at the 3 and out plays. It’s not cause we ran the ball too much it’s because Taysom can’t make routine QB plays.

I’m not mad, we are having a debate lol

You are clearly biased for Taysom, you can’t deny that lol 

You using anecdotal evidence and non-committal stances so there is nothing more for me to say. It’s not because I’m “mad” it’s because I’m at a loss for words. 

You just aren't listening to me. I don't care about getting the last word. I just think when you have a QB who isn't a good passer you need to try and give him easy completions. I don't think we did that last night. Full stop. You're using my past stance against me and pretending like I'm trying to argue that Taysom is a good passer right now. 

Moving forward, especially if we get a sniff at the playoffs, I do not think we stand a chance with Taysom Hill as THE man. 

After what we saw Sunday night, I think you put Trevor Simeon back into the mix, or heck, even Ian Book at this point. Put Tayson back where he belongs, as that Swiss army knife type gadget guy. Have him in there for 75% of the offensive plays, or more! Halfback, scat back, split out, slot, TE, anything other than #1 quarterback.

Trevor Siemian's numbers weren't great, but he did a pretty decent job of moving the ball. I think this injury to Hill's throwing hand is more than they are letting on, and he is playing like absolute garbage.

We cannot expect our defense to bail us out of playoff games. This game against Tampa was an anomaly, and totally unsustainable.

20 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Moving forward, especially if we get a sniff at the playoffs, I do not think we stand a chance with Taysom Hill as THE man. 

After what we saw Sunday night, I think you put Trevor Simeon back into the mix, or heck, even Ian Book at this point. Put Tayson back where he belongs, as that Swiss army knife type gadget guy. Have him in there for 75% of the offensive plays, or more! Halfback, scat back, split out, slot, TE, anything other than #1 quarterback.

Trevor Siemian's numbers weren't great, but he did a pretty decent job of moving the ball. I think this injury to Hill's throwing hand is more than they are letting on, and he is playing like absolute garbage.

We cannot expect our defense to bail us out of playoff games. This game against Tampa was an anomaly, and totally unsustainable.

Siemian is worse than Hill. I never want to watch him again. I wouldn’t hate seeing what Ian Book can do and letting Taysom go to his gadget role. We really should’ve signed Rivers.

Siemian is a much better passer than Hill.  The problem is our receivers are bad and Siemian can't do anything else.  Taysom can at least run very well and defenses can't ignore that.

That being said, I would like to see how we look with Siemian at QB, and a healthy oline plus Kamara now that he's back, and make Taysom a full time offensive player, instead of emergency backup that just sits there waiting on Siemian to get hurt.  I mean, we gotta do something, this offense is terrible.

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Siemian is a much better passer than Hill.  The problem is our receivers are bad and Siemian can't do anything else.  Taysom can at least run very well and defenses can't ignore that.

That being said, I would like to see how we look with Siemian at QB, and a healthy oline plus Kamara now that he's back, and make Taysom a full time offensive player, instead of emergency backup that just sits there waiting on Siemian to get hurt.  I mean, we gotta do something, this offense is terrible.

The problem with Siemian is he has zero pocket presence. He made Armstead and Ramcyzk look bad. Dude takes 10 step drops on every snap. Same story every week, we drive down to the 30-40 yard line and then Siemian takes a 15 yard sack and we punt.

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

The problem with Siemian is he has zero pocket presence. He made Armstead and Ramcyzk look bad. Dude takes 10 step drops on every snap. Same story every week, we drive down to the 30-40 yard line and then Siemian takes a 15 yard sack and we punt.

You are just making stuff up tbh.  It happened once.

I just went through all of Siemian's drives. Only once were we in FG range when Siemian took a sack he could be blamed for, right before halftime vs Tennessee. The only other time a sack ended FG hopes was when a DT came untouched up the middle, putting that on Siemian is just your bias. And both of those sacks saw Throckmorton and Hurst playing on the left side of the line, no Armstead or Peat in sight.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Taysom? Taysom took an 11 yard sack vs Micah Parsons to push us out of FG range in his 4 interception showing.

Fun Fact (a real one, I didn't just make this up)

Siemian had 10 TDs and 4 turnovers in his 4 starts while averaging about 220 total yards per game.

Taysom has 4 TDs and 4 turnovers in his 3 starts while averaging about 260 total yards per game.

Look into that how you will.

Edited by Dome

54 minutes ago, Dome said:

You are just making stuff up tbh.  It happened once.

I just went through all of Siemian's drives. Only once were we in FG range when Siemian took a sack he could be blamed for, right before halftime vs Tennessee. The only other time a sack ended FG hopes was when a DT came untouched up the middle, putting that on Siemian is just your bias. And both of those sacks saw Throckmorton and Hurst playing on the left side of the line, no Armstead or Peat in sight.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Taysom? Taysom took an 11 yard sack vs Micah Parsons to push us out of FG range in his 4 interception showing.

Fun Fact (a real one, I didn't just make this up)

Siemian had 10 TDs and 4 turnovers in his 4 starts while averaging about 220 total yards per game.

Taysom has 4 TDs and 4 turnovers in his 3 starts while averaging about 260 total yards per game.

Look into that how you will.

Siemian drops way too deep into the pocket. It was highlighted more than once by announcers during games. (Taysom has the same issue, did it a lot in the Bucs game). How many holds did we have that took us out of FG range or killed a drive? Those can be credited to Siemians terrible pocket presence as well.

Once again you're all fired up. I know one thing for sure, you HATE Taysom far more than I like him lmao. Siemian got garbage time numbers in games we were getting our butts whooped in so cut the freaking act dude. I know you're not that stupid, you're incredibly knowledgeable and you and I both know Siemian absolutely blows until teams LET him throw the ball to the middle of the field and just kill clock in the fourth quarter. 

Trevor Siemian had a rushing TD and two passing TDs in the 4th quarter against the Eagles, after we went down 13-33.
Trevor Siemian had one passing TD in the 4th quarter against the Bills, after we went down 24-0. 
Trevor Siemian had one passing TD in the 4th quarter against the Titans with 1:16 left, after we went down 15-23. 
Trevor Siemian had two passing TDs in the 4th quarter against the Falcons, after we went down 24-6.

Are we noticing a pattern yet? Trevor Siemian did NOTHING in games until the game was over and defenses let up in the 4th quarter. He sucks. Taysom can't pass but at least he can run. Siemian gives you nothing. We had ZERO semblance of an offense with Siemian, even against BAD defenses like the Falcons and Eagles. I don't have time at work to run the numbers but I would love to see Siemians 4th quarter stats compared to his first 3 in those games. I'm sure outside of the Bucs game its mind boggling.

Again, just so we don't get confused here. TAYSOM IS A BAD PASSER. I'll still play him before I have to watch Trevor Siemian lead this offense again.

JK, I found them. How's that for "Real Facts".

Passing Rushing
Split Value Cmp Att Inc Cmp% Yds TD 1D Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD 1D
  Trailing, < 2 min to go 7 12 5 58.33 66 3 6 0 113.2 0 0 5.5 10.50 0 0   0 0
  Trailing, < 4 min to go 20 26 6 76.92 210 3 13 0 138.3 0 0 8.1 10.38 0 0   0 0
Edited by MookieMonstah

So no comment on how you were just totally making stuff up in your previous statement? 

You got caught making stuff up once again, and once again you moved the goalposts rather than address it.

bush league, bro

I am no longer engaging you in a serious manner lol

this is hilarious.

Never change, harp.

PS, I don’t hate Taysom. He’s one of my favorite Saints. He used to be my avatar and I defend him more than anyone other than you up until he got his chance on a great team in 2020 and flopped. I just think QB is his least effective position.

We're ranked dead last in comp % at 57, and only the Bears and Texans pass for fewer yards/game. We're also ranked 25th in rushing yards/attempt.  By some miracle though, we're only ranked 20th in points/drive.

This offense is awful, no way to spin it.

10 minutes ago, Dome said:

So no comment on how you were just totally making stuff up in your previous statement? 

You got caught making stuff up once again, and once again you moved the goalposts rather than address it.

bush league, bro

I am no longer engaging you in a serious manner lol

this is hilarious.

Never change, harp.

PS, I don’t hate Taysom. He’s one of my favorite Saints. He used to be my avatar and I defend him more than anyone other than you up until he got his chance on a great team in 2020 and flopped. I just think QB is his least effective position.

I didn't make anything up OR even better, I DID misremember and instead of those issues Siemian just actually sucked all the way around and couldn't complete passes. Way to completely ignore my post destroying this pro Siemian narrative. Siemian is bad, he has horrible pocket presence and it hurt the Saints offense with sacks and holds. You can't get over the fact that I believed in Taysom as a QB two weeks ago and refuse to acknowledge the fact that I've stated repeatedly he is a bad passer. You're so stuck on that you ignore anything else that is said. Siemian is BAD. He was TERRIBLE. The offense was less effective with Siemian than it is with Taysom, only difference is Siemian led teams were getting blown out so he could get some garbage time 4th quarter stats.

Edited by MookieMonstah

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

We're ranked dead last in comp % at 57, and only the Bears and Texans pass for fewer yards/game. We're also ranked 25th in rushing yards/attempt.  By some miracle though, we're only ranked 20th in points/drive.

This offense is awful, no way to spin it.

Been awful. It was okay with Winston, but that was less on Winston and more on us having no weapons. You out Winston, with these weapons and insert Taysom/Siemian? Yeah...Bottom 5 offense. Only thing saving us is that Taysom/Kamara should be able to manufacture a good running game against most teams. I have no hope for a good passing offense. 

Just now, Dome said:

Your best defense of Taysom is “look how bad Trevor Siemian is”

that says all you need to know mook 

I'm not arguing Taysom is good. lol. You're proving my point. You're so freaking stuck on this Taysom thing you ignore everything else. I'll try to REALLY spell it out for you bud.

Taysom is a bad passer
Taysom is not a good starting QB
Siemian is worse
Therefore we should roll with Taysom, not because he's great but because he's a better option than Trevor Siemian.

Does that make sense or are we still lost here

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I'm not arguing Taysom is good. lol. You're proving my point. You're so freaking stuck on this Taysom thing you ignore everything else. I'll try to REALLY spell it out for you bud.

Taysom is a bad passer
Taysom is not a good starting QB
Siemian is worse
Therefore we should roll with Taysom, not because he's great but because he's a better option than Trevor Siemian.

Does that make sense or are we still lost here

Took you long enough to spell it out… but you’re still sidestepping you stuff you got called on 

baby steps are still steps 

Edited by Dome