Possible Front Office Alternatives

cortes02

In 2 years heckert drafted Haden, Ward, Sheard, Skrine, Cameron Josh Gordon and Phil Taylor who was good before he got hurt. Imagine what that dude could have done with 5+ years especially without Holmgren forcing him to draft crappy QBs and hiring his friends nephew. 

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

In 2 years heckert drafted Haden, Ward, Sheard, Skrine, Cameron Josh Gordon and Phil Taylor who was good before he got hurt. Imagine what that dude could have done with 5+ years especially without Holmgren forcing him to draft crappy QBs and hiring his friends nephew. 

To most folks he's just the guy who passed on Julio Jones and JJ Watt.

But yeah, I agree, he needed more time.

I would love to see Heckert brought in to make the actual picks, but keep the nerds for transactions and trades, and see Flip brought back as OC.  That would be a big time win.  Although, honestly for the most part I like the picks that the nerds have made outside of Kizer.

36 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Guys like Skine and Cameron hadn't even done anything when he was fired though.  

I wonder who will shine once they've had a few years in the league if we can the nerds....

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Guys like Skine and Cameron hadn't even done anything when he was fired though.  

I wonder who will shine once they've had a few years in the league if we can the nerds....

shon coleman
derrick kindred
david njoku
joe schobert
brian boddy calhoun
emmanuel ogbah
myles garrett
jabrill peppers
larry ogunjobi
caleb brantley
trevon coley

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They haven't proven anything, their bosses have. 

Haslam already spotted a guy he liked less than 2 years ago in Berry.  Is 18-20 months all he gets to prove himself?

Sounds impatient IMO.

Haslam is the essence of impatience and while their bosses are really responsible for their team's successes, you usually can take a chance on somebody they hired to help them, if you believe they are solid GM's. Solid GM's hire solid assistants and solid scouts to help them, that's why they are successful. Of course, nothing carries a 100% guarantee in life, some are bound to be very successful while others fall by the wayside as flops, just like some OC's and DC's turn out to be great HC's while others go on to be flops. You are just playing the odds by hiring a helper of a great GM, of course, it also helps if your owner is a very solid judge of FO talent.

Archived