Week 15 GDT: Cowboys vs Giants 1:00 pm est

Go_Giants

It is the ultimate can't win game. The only thing worst then getting blown out by Cowboys at home, is if we actually found a way to win the game. I have no problems losing draft position to prevent another team from the NFC East from making the playoffs. Problem with Dallas is they have too many wins already, they are making the playoffs. Perhaps the Giants find a way to make it close but I doubt it.

Cowboy 32

Giants 16

Edited by Go_Giants

This went almost exactly how we thought. Not a good game at all, even for the Cowboys, but our offense was so inept that it didn't matter what the other team did. Barkley's burst is gone, we have maybe the worst backup quarterback in the league, playcalling is toothless, and the team isn't ready for the snap. It's the same story every week.

23 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

This went almost exactly how we thought. Not a good game at all, even for the Cowboys, but our offense was so inept that it didn't matter what the other team did. Barkley's burst is gone, we have maybe the worst backup quarterback in the league, playcalling is toothless, and the team isn't ready for the snap. It's the same story every week.

Fromm actually looked kind of decent out there, I am almost worried he might have us win a game.  We had no chance to win with Glennon. 

15 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

Fromm actually looked kind of decent out there, I am almost worried he might have us win a game.  We had no chance to win with Glennon. 

Garbage time against soft prevent D. Once they got into the redzone and the defense tightened up he had no answer. Still would rather see him play over Glennon though.

4 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Garbage time against soft prevent D. Once they got into the redzone and the defense tightened up he had no answer. Still would rather see him play over Glennon though.

Soft prevent D? Did you watch the last 3:48 seconds. Dallas was doing stunts and twists, they were bliztzing Fromm they were even sending 4 with a spy. They were so determined to get to Fromm they even jumped off sides once trying to get to him. He was not going against a prevent D. I am not saying Fromm is the answer and should be starting over DJ next season. I am just saying he is an upgrade over Glennon.

18 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Soft prevent D? Did you watch the last 3:48 seconds. Dallas was doing stunts and twists, they were bliztzing Fromm they were even sending 4 with a spy. They were so determined to get to Fromm they even jumped off sides once trying to get to him. He was not going against a prevent D. I am not saying Fromm is the answer and should be starting over DJ next season. I am just saying he is an upgrade over Glennon.

I would be an upgrade over Glennon and I probably couldn't see over the OL.

Start Fromm next week.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

What game were you watching? They didn't blitz once....They sent a 4 man rush with soft underneath coverage on 5 of the 6 passes. The other play had a spy who didn't move off his spot. The kid made some nice throws but it was absolutely against soft prevent D. The middle of the field was wide open. Once he got down into the redzone and the windows closed up he was just as ineffective as DJ and Glennon. Still want to see what the kid has and I'm totally on board with starting him for the remainder of the season.

https://youtu.be/pOJzRW7Mad4

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shockwave said:

What game were you watching? They didn't blitz once....They sent a 4 man rush with soft underneath coverage on 5 of the 6 passes. The other play had a spy who didn't move off his spot. The kid made some nice throws but it was absolutely against soft prevent D. The middle of the field was wide open. Once he got down into the redzone and the windows closed up he was just as ineffective as DJ and Glennon. Still want to see what the kid has and I'm totally on board with starting him for the remainder of the season.

https://youtu.be/pOJzRW7Mad4

You do realize I said the final 3:48 and your youtube clip only has 1:14 of that 3:48. After Fromm completes the pass Slayton with 3:!6 left on the game clock Fromm yell  '11,L.A.' to put the protection to the left against Micah, then Dallas sends five. 

Your youtube clip does not show at 1:39 left on the clock a delayed blitze is sent at Fromm.  

Even on your short clip shows Dallas blitzing on 4th and goal, the announcer specifically says that look like a zero blitz.  How can you say he was not Blitze even once when it is shown and then they tell you he was blitzed?

23 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

You do realize I said the final 3:48 and your youtube clip only has 1:14 of that 3:48. After Fromm completes the pass Slayton with 3:!6 left on the game clock Fromm yell  '11,L.A.' to put the protection to the left against Micah, then Dallas sends five. 

Your youtube clip does not show at 1:39 left on the clock a delayed blitze is sent at Fromm.  

Even on your short clip shows Dallas blitzing on 4th and goal, the announcer specifically says that look like a zero blitz.  How can you say he was not Blitze even once when it is shown and then they tell you he was blitzed?

Sweetheart... he completed 6 passes... on none of them did they blitz. I also clearly said multiple times Dallas tightened up once they got into the redzone...

The video is a "highlight" so yea it's edited to only show the completions. 5 of the 6 passes he completed on that drive were against a 4 man rush, one pass was against 4 man rush and a spy. Why is this so difficult for you?

3 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Sweetheart... he completed 6 passes... on none of them did they blitz. I also clearly said multiple times Dallas tightened up once they got into the redzone...

The video is a "highlight" so yea it's edited to only show the completions. 5 of the 6 passes he completed on that drive were against a 4 man rush, one pass was against 4 man rush and a spy. Why is this so difficult for you?

Dear, what makes it hard is the lack of accuracy of your words. Don't say they didn't blitze him once, when it is clear as day in the highlight clip your provided he was blitzed at least once. For those that saw the the full 3:48 he was also clearly blitzed more than once, so no he was not going against a prevent D like you said he did. For those that didn't watch the game they should know what really happened.

Just now, Go_Giants said:

Dear, what makes it hard is the lack of accuracy of your words. Don't say they didn't blitze him once, when it is clear as day in the highlight clip your provided he was blitzed at least once. For those that saw the the full 3:48 he was also clearly blitzed more than once, so no he was not going against a prevent D like you said he did. For those that didn't watch the game they should know what really happened.

What really happened for "those that did not watch" is.. he completed 6 passes against soft prevent coverage late in the game during garbage time. He completed zero of 6 passes against every other defense they threw at him. Can we move on now?

3 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

What really happened for "those that did not watch" is.. he completed 6 passes against soft prevent coverage late in the game during garbage time. He completed zero of 6 passes against every other defense they threw at him. Can we move on now?

I am not sure sending 4 and having a  spy counts as soft but for the sake of moving on sure. As long as we add that of the 6 incomplete passes three of them was against the blitze, two others were drops (one of them in the redzone and would have been a first down), even the announcer said on both drops that they should have been caught.