BDL 2021 Semi-Final Round - #7 Berlin Blitzkrieg @ #1 New Orleans Jazz

Whicker

Berlin Blitzkrieg @ New Orleans Jazz  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • New Orleans Jazz

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/23/2021 at 05:00 AM

I’m actually rolling with Berlin in this one,   I like what they did with their D.    I don’t think you can stop NO,  but I think they were creative in limiting them as best you can.      Adding that in that I think they protect Rodgers well enough to put up some points.

Opposite from the other side of the bracket.  Taking Berlin, by a TD, in a higher scoring game. 

• Like 2

I do not see Aaron Rodgers doing his usual magic in this matchup. I can see him leading some early scores (TD + FG, FG + FG + FG), but not two early TDs. I think in modern football, the New Orleans defense is the prototype. They are so good in coverage and matchup well against almost every team. However, Aaron Rodgers is legitimately a top ten player ever at his position. He’s got legitimate weapons and a respectable OL, so he’s getting points on the board no matter what. The key is whether New Orleans can close because I can certainly see that defense holding the opposing offense below 20, a mighty feat within itself.

On the other side, this is a fun matchup. I love Eric Stokes so covering Moore is something I can see him doing all game. The doubling Deebo strategy is different, there’s a quality element of planning to slow him down and NOLA making him a RB. I see this helping and hurting both teams. TY Hilton (even with Josh Allen) is more JAG at this stage of his career and while I can see him doing something (3 catches 61 yards w 1 catch creating 45 yards of that) is an area that I can respect Berlin having a “it is what it is” attitude. Edmunds has occasional fits in coverage but tracking Deebo the runner is something I can see him having success with.

Ultimately, I do think it’s a low scoring game. I see Berlin jumping out to an early lead (10-3, 13-6, 17-7) type of game but being unable to separate because New Orleans has a phenomenal defense. I also see Allen getting himself together and making quite a few plays in this game. 

Who wins? I can’t quite decide on that. I’ll be back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Crap, thought I had another half hour before voting closed. 

Bro how long have you had the chance to understand time zones?  Is this a game I'm missing? I feel bad for whoever manages you. Not sure why I'm surprised but now I realize you're the serial 48 minute late shower-upper going "goddamn boss didn't realize traffic would be as bad as it always is, that's why I'm late!!"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Bro how long have you had the chance to understand time zones?  Is this a game I'm missing? I feel bad for whoever manages you. Not sure why I'm surprised but now I realize you're the serial 48 minute late shower-upper going "goddamn boss didn't realize traffic would be as bad as it always is, that's why I'm late!!"

Love you @RuskieTitan but not voting in the playoffs due to not knowing the time is unacceptable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Yep.

Just now, MD4L said:

Love you @RuskieTitan but not voting in the playoffs due to not knowing the time is unacceptable.

I never said anything about time zones. I lost track of time, period. I would read one gameplan, break, read the other, then mull it over. Then jumped to the other thread where I repeated the process and I felt I had an easier decision.