Malik Jackson says Jaguars will win Super Bowl this year

pwny

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000821217/article/malik-jackson-says-jaguars-will-win-the-super-bowl

The Panthers did it. If the Panthers can do it after the season they had (going 7-8-1 in 2014) ... But we're going to win the Super Bowl. If they can do it, why can't we?

These comments are usually throwaway comments that a specific fans you don't think much of. But as far as I can remember, this is the first time we've had a player say something like this. With that in mind, it's nice to see this type of bravado and confidence coming from players.

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000821217/article/malik-jackson-says-jaguars-will-win-the-super-bowl

These comments are usually throwaway comments that a specific fans you don't think much of. But as far as I can remember, this is the first time we've had a player say something like this. With that in mind, it's nice to see this type of bravado and confidence coming from players.

Yeah, I see a lot of people on twitter going crazy about it but if you actually read the article I don't know what you expect him to say. Every team is 0-0, it's a fresh slate, every player should go into the season think that way about their team. Why not? Instead he should be saying "I'm just hoping we make it to .500, that'd be a nice step forward from last year...yeah, that's what I'm hoping for." 

I mean come on. This is their job and they work their butt off day in and day out working to prepare. Of course they all want to (and expect to) win it all until it's not possible.

11 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

TIL I am Malik Jackson.

For real though, I love this mentality.

How can you not? I feel like we finally are on the right path. We just brought in one of the best DL and leaders in football in Calais, have Malik/Ramsey/Yannick etc. who were brought in last year that have that certain type of mindset you need on your football team. Brought in a veteran leader at SS in Barry Church who was consistently raved about due to his leadership and getting people set up while making "that play" when it's needed.

IDK, it just feels different with these types of guys on the roster. Hard ass old school coaches who aren't going to do those stupid "ra, ra, ra" speeches in Marrone/Fewell etc. I'm just so ready to see how different this team looks with guys like that coaching them/pushing them. 

Good or bad, it's going to be different.

Archived