Game #15 - Sun, Dec 26 vs Pittsburgh

onejayhawk

FBO has not yet updated their rankings for this week's games. it's going to be interesting how they change with the carnage at the top.

One interesting thing to note from last week's evaluation is regular vs the weighted rankings, where recent games count extra. Only two teams are are two more slots better in the weighted ranings--the Colts are +2 slots and we are +3 slots. Also worth noting is that the defense is +10 slots and #7 overall. 

The Patriots are number one but only +1. Pittsburgh was at -1 going into the weekend.

Update for a new article. Cleveland still has a game to play. Only three teams have been eliminated mathematically. That will change significantly after week #16. 
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/lists/afc-playoff-picture-kansas-city-chiefs-week-15-2021/

1. Kansas City Chiefs (10-4) 
2. New England Patriots (9-5) 
3. Tennessee Titans (9-5) 
4. Cincinnati Bengals (8-6)
5. Indianapolis Colts (8-6)
6. Los Angeles Chargers (8-6)
7. Buffalo Bills (8-6)

8. Baltimore Ravens (8-6)
9. Cleveland Browns (7-6)

Edited by onejayhawk

4 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

Just watched part of the Steelers - Tennessee game. The immobility of Roethlisberger struck me numb. Let's hope Chris Jones is back - if so that could end up in a massacre.

It really is a shame how Ben looks nowadays. All those ironman days (and cheeseburgers probably) caught up with him. I hope he walks away after this year. 

Orlando Brown has some comments on an old adversary. He and TJ Watt used to butt heads twice a year whn OB Jr was in Blatimore.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/12/23/22850679/chiefs-steelers-week-16-orlando-brown-jr-tj-watt

He's an incredible player, man. TJ is definitely one of the best; in my opinion, he should have been the defensive player of the year for the last two years — but Aaron Donald does what he does, too.

T.J. is an amazing player, playing with an effort unknown to mankind. He's very skilled at what he does, very precise with the way he attacks your hands. He has a really good feel for the game of football. He's somebody that — very rarely — you can keep off a stat sheet; that's not going to happen.

With the Tuesday games, FBO ranks were later being updated. On paper, it's all Chiefs.

We are #6 overall, #5 offense, #14 defense, #2 ST. 
Pitt is #20 overall, #22 offense, #20 defense, @10 ST. 

One interesting facet is that we have the #7 rushing offense (I know, right) while the Steelers have the #30 run defense. Their pass rush is potent, but that's all they do.

J

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

@BigTrav do any of you know the likelihood that Travis Kelcee plays this weekend? I need him for fantasy purposes, lol.

Really tough to say. I heard that he had mild symptoms which leads me to believe he'll be out. But he can also test negative the morning of the game and be good to go. If it were me, I'd try to pick up Noah Grey or someone else as a replacement.

Chiefs added three players to the practivce squad:

WR Dalton Schoen, who was with the team during pre-season until final cuts

OT Paul Adams, never heard of him

P Johnny Townsend, Tommy's older brother, who was with the team as a fall back option last year already

The overall roster situation as of now with 44 players active:

Edited by KC_Guy