Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

7 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Well, based on how you franchise has operated in recent history, you can at least take some solace (hey, I'm trying to help you find a silver-ish lining here!) in the 1st round picks you'll recoup, if this happens, when Lawrence inevitably forces his way out via trade to another team.

... hell, the Rams might even actually have another 1st round pick to deal by the time that happens. [/snark]

Elite example of kicking someone while they’re down imo. 

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I mean.....what? 

Like, sure, Darnold and Fields are probably fairly similar, but one is going into year 5 and one's a rookie. No matter how you slice that, you're admittedly choosing a failure at QB at that point. 

And LA has a mobile QB? Yeah. Guess what, Matthew, so do you. Darnold's last standing worthwhile trait is his mobility, ffs. 

Methinks Matt Rhule doesn't understand quarterbacks.....

Rising, only slightly, to Rhule's defense, I think his eval of Herbert was coming largely off of what he'd seen of him in college (where Herbert operated considerably more in the style of a "mobile QB").  Probably a case of ego and him just not wanting to own to missing on his eval of Slater - which isn't terribly surprising since Rhule is/was an OL guy going all the way back to his time at Temple (he's the primary guy responsible and initially developing guys like Dion Dawkins - which is a clue into what he almost certainly prioritizes as a core qualifier for tackle vs guard: Length.

21 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Rising, only slightly, to Rhule's defense, I think his eval of Herbert was coming largely off of what he'd seen of him in college (where Herbert operated considerably more in the style of a "mobile QB").  Probably a case of ego and him just not wanting to own to missing on his eval of Slater - which isn't terribly surprising since Rhule is/was an OL guy going all the way back to his time at Temple (he's the primary guy responsible and initially developing guys like Dion Dawkins - which is a clue into what he almost certainly prioritizes as a core qualifier for tackle vs guard: Length.

Really bad to evaluate off of only college film especially since Herbert had already one year under his belt at that point.