Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Gonna be a glorified scout if he’s not canned when Spielman comes in imo.

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He will basically be a scout or get fired by Spielman. 

Way better than his current position.

I wouldn't want him in my building at all. He is poison. Would not be surprised to see him start leaking more stuff out and undercutting Spielman and whoever they hire as a coach if he's kept on. If I was running a company and this guy was on staff, I would do whatever I could to kick him out the door. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

I wouldn't want him in my building at all. He is poison. Would not be surprised to see him start leaking more stuff out and undercutting Spielman and whoever they hire as a coach if he's kept on. If I was running a company and this guy was on staff, I would do whatever I could to kick him out the door. 

Khan is really gonna hire two snake oil salesmen to run the Jaguars, i can already see the infighting and drama building now.  

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Again, he’d get canned if that happened (if he’s not immediately canned).

Shad is new to football and his circle is small. He wanted someone to help with the coach interview process for said questions most likely. Not ideal/there’s a reason why many have complained about it, but why did Baalke last in SF so long?

Spielman is a long time NFL guy and I’m sure is aware of how Baalke is viewed/what he’s done. If he comes in to run the whole department my worry for issues regarding Baalke fall quite a bit. Ideally he’s out, but this is at least a positive step.

3 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Khan is really gonna hire two snake oil salesmen to run the Jaguars, i can already see the infighting and drama building now.  

Still waiting for the response regarding this. Are you purely going at Spielmans looks here or?

6 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Not even a guarantee he makes it to the 2022 season. We will see.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Shad is new to football and his circle is small. He wanted someone to help with the coach interview process for said questions most likely. Not ideal/there’s a reason why many have complained about it, but why did Baalke last in SF so long?

Spielman is a long time NFL guy and I’m sure is aware of how Baalke is viewed/what he’s done. If he comes in to run the whole department my worry for issues regarding Baalke fall quite a bit. Ideally he’s out, but this is at least a positive step.

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Not even a guarantee he makes it to the 2022 season. We will see.

I'm hoping for your sake he does get the axe when Spielman comes in. He shouldn't have lasted as long as he did in SF. I think part of the problem was that the public didn't know where the leaks were coming from, although the Niners may have. Lynch and Shanny made it a point to make sure that it was not leaked that they were the guys that would be taking their respective jobs before they signed on. Lynch was out of nowhere so that held up and while everyone knew Shanny was coming in, it was pretty obvious as we got into the super bowl week and he was really the only candidate left. I'm not ragging on the Jags, I just can't believe anyone would want him around is all. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean will he though? Khan seems to like the drama lol, i could see him letting the both of them stick around and it turning ugly behind the scenes. 

32 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

What

i think Spielman is a snake oil salesman, Baalke as well…what?

I just feel bad for Jaguars fans, this is like when the Chiefs hired Scott Pioli and Todd Haley to run the organization, what a dumpster fire that decision turned out to be

14 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I mean will he though? Khan seems to like the drama lol, i could see him letting the both of them stick around and it turning ugly behind the scenes. 

i think Spielman is a snake oil salesman, Baalke as well…what?

I just feel bad for Jaguars fans, this is like when the Chiefs hired Scott Pioli and Todd Haley to run the organization, what a dumpster fire that decision turned out to be

Spielman ran that Vikings organization for the past decade. What issues have they had behind the scenes? The Vikings have been viewed as a rock solid organization for his entire tenure and consistently put a competitive product that was either in the playoffs or knocking on the door most every year.

From a draft/talent evaluation process, he’s been a very good drafter and built a strong FO that has had several members poached/interviewed by other franchises for FO roles/GM gigs.

It sure seems like you’re looking at a picture of Spielman and calling him a “snake oil salesman”, which is interesting. Unless you have something else you’re using to come to that conclusion.