Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

16 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

After hiring Spielman's right hand man Paton, I find the attacks on him without merit. Of course it’s too early to tell with Paton, but he has handled everything well so far.

A lot of people wanted Paton to eventually replace Spielman 

4 hours ago, GW21 said:

It's amazing to me that Baalke is still employed. What more do they need to see from him?

I think Khan likes Baalke and feels bad that it was his (Shad’s) decision to bring in Meyer. He probably doesn’t feel comfortable firing someone over something that was his own fault. Shad is very resistant to fire anyone. His been his MO all along…even with Meyer. Granted…he should have NEVER been hired to begin with. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Sad all the way around tbh.

Respect to Leftwich though. He may only get one chance at this. Don't saddle yourself with a component that you think will make you less likely to succeed. 

Given the mess going on in Miami, I'm really hoping McD pulls out of that search for his own sake as well. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Respect to Leftwich though. He may only get one chance at this. Don't saddle yourself with a component that you think will make you less likely to succeed. 

Given the mess going on in Miami, I'm really hoping McD pulls out of that search for his own sake as well. 

Agreed.

Main reason for my top two options going in we’re Caldwell followed by Pederson. This organization needs a spring cleaning with a lot going against it and that seemed like a lot to spring on a young first time HC.

Still was in love with the idea of him coming back here and turning it around where it all started. 

• Like 1

The whole process just further shows a whole hell of a lot needs to be done. 40 day coaching search and we’re still here. Get deep in talks with Byron (that likely get hung up due to Baalke/him wanting a specific GM) and apparently we leave him wondering for over a week (and he clearly really wants the gig).

This organization never ceases to amaze me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think Khan likes Baalke and feels bad that it was his (Shad’s) decision to bring in Meyer. He probably doesn’t feel comfortable firing someone over something that was his own fault. Shad is very resistant to fire anyone. His been his MO all along…even with Meyer. Granted…he should have NEVER been hired to begin with. 

Khan loves to go thru managers down in Fulham tho

• Like 2

As I said before, I feel the Jags could’ve/should’ve hire Leftwich and Adrian Wilson as GM and still added Spielman in some senior adviser role in the front office.  It’s the front office equivalent of when a first time head coach adds a veteran former coach on his staff to help him out.

They could do worse than a Spielman/Peterson pairing but the whole hiring process has been less than ideal, to say the least.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

As I said before, I feel the Jags could’ve/should’ve hire Leftwich and Adrian Wilson as GM and still added Spielman in some senior adviser role in the front office.  It’s the front office equivalent of when a first time head coach adds a veteran former coach on his staff to help him out.

They could do worse than a Spielman/Peterson pairing but the whole hiring process has been less than ideal, to say the least.

At this point, I'd definitely take it.  You're right, TitanSlim.  We could do a LOT worse.