Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

On the real though, nothing personal against McCown, but I for one will not be rooting for him if he gets a gig because his having success in an HC gig will only further convince Chris Simms that he not only could, but should be in charge of an NFL team... AND NO ONE DESERVES THAT.  NO ONE.  I wouldn't wish this on the Raiders... and that's saying something.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Man if the Raiders can land either Patrick Graham or Sean Desai for DC I'd be really really happy. Would be great gets, and not just NE guys would reassure me - I know Graham has big NE lineage but has left and done well with very limited tools in NY. 

Agreed. Either would be very, very nice hires for us.

Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

On the real though, nothing personal against McCown, but I for one will not be rooting for him if he gets a gig because his having success in an HC gig will only further convince Chris Simms that he not only could, but should be in charge of an NFL team... AND NO ONE DESERVES THAT.  NO ONE.  I wouldn't wish this on the Raiders... and that's saying something.

Having no real experience and succeeding would seem highly unlikely.   I think McCown has all the tools to succeed eventually but having a baseline amount of coaching experience does matter.  

Switzer was a bad NFL coach but he was handed an amazing team.

Even if McCown is surprisingly OK from game 1 he's still going to have a bad team and a horrific front office. 15-19 in 2 years could be the results even if he does his best.

Edited by SkippyX

2 hours ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Phew… now that they’ve got that pesky Rooney Rule out of they way they can hire their real guy. Or in Brian Flores case they can hire the guy today and interview Bieniemy tomorrow.

BB then texts Brian Billick congratulating him on getting the Saints job. 

I kinda feel like the Texans are going to hire Brian Flores and request he makes Josh McCown the offensive coordinator with autonomy sort of like Josh McDaniels with BB using Flores' pushing through so many assistants in Miami as reasoning he can't mess with their choice of coordinator. I think Deshaun returns to the team and plays for Flores should he be cleared.