Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

I always found it interesting the people who argue for Jim Caldwell for other teams when you ask them do you want him to be your hc it’s like oh god no lol.

so other teams are supposed to be ok with mediocrity but not your team got it 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

I always found it interesting the people who argue for Jim Caldwell for other teams when you ask them do you want him to be your hc it’s like oh god no lol.

so other teams are supposed to be ok with mediocrity but not your team got it 

Detroit was 36-28 with Caldwell. They went to the playoffs 2x in 4 years. The Lions went to the playoffs once in the 14 years before Caldwell.

I get that he inherited a good team in Indy (so did Dungy) but 14-2 with a SB loss on a trick onside kick and a Manning pick 6 is not exactly meh.

Picking a guy like Adam Gase Part II over Caldwell is a problem.

Doing it 20 times is more than just a problem.

Edited by SkippyX

50 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Detroit was 36-28 with Caldwell. They went to the playoffs 2x in 4 years. The Lions went to the playoffs once in the 14 years before Caldwell.

I get that he inherited a good team in Indy (so did Dungy) but 14-2 with a SB loss on a trick onside kick and a Manning pick 6 is not exactly meh.

Picking a guy like Adam Gase Part II over Caldwell is a problem.

Doing it 20 times is more than just a problem.

Yeah that means he was just better than the garbage that was there before. Look at his record against winning teams in Detroit, awful. 

Edited by CP3MVP
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Yeah that means he was just better than the garbage that was there before. Look at his record against winning teams in Detroit, awful. 

Yeah, I see where your spin makes Caldwell a worse prospect than 4-28 Dennis Allen.

Have you seen his record against any team at all? Its awful.

• Like 2

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

So Flores who is suing the league or Josh freaking McCown. How could the Texans situation get even worse than last year? haha.

In fairness, McCown could be a home run hire if he's the pick. There are few times where you feel really certain either way on how a guy will work out and you just never really know with the new guys without a history. I don't know that we have ever seen anything like a McCown hire in the NFL though, so I would assume that it is not going to turn out all that well given the situation and his complete inexperience.