Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That would be far too competent for Houston.

I understand the fan sentiment right now towards Flores, as I feel it as well, but lets not forget he got fired because his staff, his QB and his bosses all had problems getting along with him. 

Cant imagine the Texans becoming buddy-buddy with the guy. Nor to they want the HC and QB to be involved in lawsuits.

Edited by Matts4313

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I understand the fan sentiment right now towards Flores, as I feel it as well, but lets not forget he got fired because his staff, his QB and his bosses all had problems getting along with him. 

Is that why he got fired? Or is that what Miami, a franchise that needed to justify firing an overachieving coach, leaked to the media?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yes, thats why he got fired. 

Or he got fired because he had a poor relationship with Ross and the FO due to all of them underhanded, disrespectful things they did while he was HC. But hey, why not take the Dolphins' word as the gospel? They have no reason to twist the truth. 😂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Or he got fired because he had a poor relationship with Ross and the FO due to all of them underhanded, disrespectful things they did while he was HC. But hey, why not take the Dolphins' word as the gospel? They have no reason to twist the truth. 😂

Because the rumors/confirmed stories were well before he was fired. There were stories like 6 weeks before the end of the season that he was sabotaging Tau's confidence. That he would literally go weeks without talking to certain other members of his staff. 

A LOT of smoke for it to all be false. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, if you're going to question everything that is said in the media about him and conspire that it was leaked by the team, you shouldn't take what Flores says as gospel either. Your bias is showing a lil

I've never seen as much turnover of staff within the organization before his 3 years with the team. They shipped out Minkah, Tunsil, Stills in his first year and many vets in year 2, some of which they had just acquired during the offseason. Terrible relationship with his starting QB who they drafted top-5, severe lack of communication with his staff (Chan Gailey mentioned he had no idea Fitzpatrick was getting benched for Tua until he read about it in the news). 

Whether its true that he was that much of an *** and hard to deal with we don't know but there are clear signs that are more than reports in the media. Maybe he was just a hard-*** and everyone else was soft. But please keep educating us on the subject, fan of a random team who obviously has all the context.

Just now, Emerica said:

Yeah, if you're going to question everything that is said in the media about him and conspire that it was leaked by the team, you shouldn't take what Flores says as gospel either. Your bias is showing a lil

As is yours.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Let's not forget Flores kept firing the OC every offseason, then hire someone else, then in year 3 tried "OC By Committee" with 3 different guys as the potential play-caller which was laughed at by every critic as the 2021 season began. Think someone here posted "this won't end well" prior to the season after the multi-headed OC deal. In hindsight, that person was correct. 

It was 3 strange seasons with Flores. Had the team playing hard at times but the constant OC changes were frustrating and confusing. You can't win without some level of continuity and the offense never had year-to-year continuity. Starting from square one as each new season begins puts you behind the 8 ball. Not optimal. 

Flores was awful as every new season began during his 3-yr tenure, with a 2-8 record in September. Like dude...WTF did you guys do during training camp? Whatever you did, it obviously wasn't working.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

As is yours.

Sure ! I think Ross is a terrible owner and i hope he is forced to sell but I also know Flores ain't the lil innocent angel you like to think he is.

Also love seeing you cherry pick little bits of posts you can give witty little replies to instead of coming back with any value to the conversation lol

Edited by Emerica

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

As is yours.

Man, I get it. Guy comes out and says his boss bribed him to lose games, then added on the extra race stuff, its easy to try and absolve him of his part. 

But he got himself fired by having terrible relationships with everyone in the building.