Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Man, I get it. Guy comes out and says his boss bribed him to lose games, then added on the extra race stuff, its easy to try and absolve him of his part. 

But he got himself fired by having terrible relationships with everyone in the building.

Absolve of him of what part? Plenty of successful HCs have been difficult. I have no doubt that he had a terrible relationship with the FO. But it's not hard to understand why.

It's also not hard to understand why Flores and Tua would have a poor relationship. FO demands you lose games. You refuse. Your relationship with the FO deteriorates as a result. You tell the FO you want QB A. FO ignores you and drafts QB B. Then, you start your veteran QB. FO demands you pull him for the rookie. Do you think that might cause the HC to not like that rookie QB, even if what's happening isn't the rookie QB's fault?

20 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Sure ! I think Ross is a terrible owner and i hope he is forced to sell but I also know Flores ain't the lil innocent angel you like to think he is.

Innocent angel? L-O-L. 

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Absolve of him of what part? Plenty of successful HCs have been difficult. I have no doubt that he had a terrible relationship with the FO. But it's not hard to understand why.

It's also not hard to understand why Flores and Tua would have a poor relationship. FO demands you lose games. You refuse. Your relationship with the FO deteriorates as a result. You tell the FO you want QB A. FO ignores you and drafts QB B. Then, you start your veteran QB. FO demands you pull him for the rookie. Do you think that might cause the HC to not like that rookie QB, even if what's happening isn't the rookie QB's fault?

Innocent angel? L-O-L. 

YOu completely ignored that his staff also didnt have a great relationship with him. It was soured at all 3 levels.

9 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Who's left now, just the Saints & Texans? Think i heard Dennis Allen & Josh McCown are the leading candidates there. 

Yep. I think the Texans will be McCown, though apparently Flores is a finalist and obviously there is some appeal there by way of easing the situation with Watson once his civil case gets resolved. I think it will be McCown. 

I'm hoping EB gets the Saints job, but I'm never going to slight the Saints for hiring from within and giving the job to a guy that has done really well for them over the years. 

5 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Yeah, I see where your spin makes Caldwell a worse prospect than 4-28 Dennis Allen.

Have you seen his record against any team at all? Its awful.

They’re both trash what’s your point? 

The difference is no one is crying for dennis allen. 

Edited by CP3MVP
  • Like 1