Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

28 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Lovie Smith would be a pretty horrible hire. Sounds more like a two year placeholder while they build the roster, go 5-11 back to back years, fire Lovie and get their ideal coach with their ideal roster. Lovie isn’t doing a damn thing in this league. 

It's literally their DC and QB coach on internal hires after firing their HC for performance, against fellow finalist former backup QB and high school assistant Josh McCown and I think Brian Flores? I feel like Flores is such an obvious choice and the team should hire him and apologize to Deshaun behind doors and hope he is cleared and returns. If they end up with Lovie and Pep why was Culley fired it's his staff remaining.

13 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nah Doug......

Press can stay his *** over in Indy with Carson.

Reich sure seemed to have scooped him and Groh up right when he could. So much for Doug being the only one who hires people he knows well and is comfortable with…

Regardless, certainly not my first choice but as I said in another thread, when you first get to an organization and want to push your vision and ideas having people you trust and know what they bring is big, especially with him likely focusing on developing Lawrence/having playcall duties.

Ideally we somehow land Pep, but an OC title without playcalling attached is going to have its hurdles. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Reich sure seemed to have scooped him and Groh up right when he could. So much for Doug being the only one who hires people he knows well and is comfortable with…

Regardless, certainly not my first choice but as I said in another thread, when you first get to an organization and want to push your vision and ideas having people you trust and know what they bring is big, especially with him likely focusing on developing Lawrence/having playcall duties.

Ideally we somehow land Pep, but an OC title without playcalling attached is going to have its hurdles. 

Pederson needs to bring in some strong offensive minds who are confident enough to challenge him. It is certainly possible to pull people like that even without allowing them to call plays.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Pederson needs to bring in some strong offensive minds who are confident enough to challenge him. It is certainly possible to pull people like that even without allowing them to call plays.

People can challenge him while also having worked with him in the past/being coaches he trusts.

Press was viewed as an up and coming bright offensive mind until the whole Wentz ordeal.