Jump to content

Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors


Broncofan
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, VonKarman said:

There is no way Dan Campbell is fired. If anything, Lions overperformed and fought the majority of games.

With a first year coach, it's very much "does the team look better than it did last year? Did it improve as the season went on?" Plus I'm pretty sure Lions management fully realises this year's Lions are at best a team that's in the 6-8 win range. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

With a first year coach, it's very much "does the team look better than it did last year? Did it improve as the season went on?" Plus I'm pretty sure Lions management fully realises this year's Lions are at best a team that's in the 6-8 win range. 

Plus they just beat the Cardinals and Vikings. Two potential playoff teams. They’ve fought all year and now it’s starting to show in the win column. I think you’ve got to give Campbell another couple of years but they need to quickly decide if they want to hitch their future to Goff. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seriously, why not just stick with a starter?  It can be Cam, it can be Walker, it can be Darnold.  But this has been ongoing for weeks now.  Why not just, you know, stick with one QB?

I really hope we move on.  Maybe Rhule isn't a bad coach, but he's not the guy to turn this team around.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2021 at 4:31 PM, .Buzz said:

There’s really not going to be many jobs this go around imo.

Nagy is definitely out. Maybe Judge? Maybe Fangio? Maybe Zimmer?

Gonna go with 4 total openings when it’s all said and done.

Nagy is gone.  Judge is probably gone as well.  Fangio is likely going to get knocked out this round.  Zimmer probably gets the axe if they miss the playoffs.  Think Campbell is safe.  Culley is a huge wild card.  Could see them cleaning house already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Nagy is gone.  Judge is probably gone as well.  Fangio is likely going to get knocked out this round.  Zimmer probably gets the axe if they miss the playoffs.  Think Campbell is safe.  Culley is a huge wild card.  Could see them cleaning house already.

Judge will be given yet more rope, I think

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/21/2021 at 8:43 AM, Mr Bad Example said:

With a first year coach, it's very much "does the team look better than it did last year? Did it improve as the season went on?" Plus I'm pretty sure Lions management fully realises this year's Lions are at best a team that's in the 6-8 win range. 

Yeah, Campbell is safe if Detroit is serious. 

They practically started from scratch. It hasn't been pretty, but the on-field product is getting somewhere. 

They need some more weapons, but Detroit wasn't an overnight fix, especially after Swift went down. 

Classic 3 year minimum situation. They're on an upward trajectory. The O-line should be better going forward, Goff has shown a bit of grit, the S they converted to RB has been a revelation and should work well in tandem with Swift. St. Brown is coming along. Reynolds helped A LOT. 

Off the top of my head, the offense next year will consist of Decker, Sewell, Goff, Swift, C Reynolds, J Reynolds, St Brown, Hockenson.... that's a really solid core group. 

On D, I can't think of a single player they have, but they haven't looked too awful the last couple of weeks. Find an impact guy or two in the draft and FA, I could see Detroit easily being in the 8-9 win column next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2021 at 9:48 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Zimmer, Nagy, and Campbell are all up in the air for me, though I think Campbell has Detroit playing well enough to warrant a future despite the losses. 

I think Campbell's job is safe. Detroit gutted their roster and knew they were headed towards a total rebuild this year. Despite missing guys like Swift, Hockenson, Williams, etc. post their bye week they have a tie against the Steelers, a 3 point loss to the Browns, a 2 point loss to the Bears, a win over the Vikings, bad loss to the Broncos, and a win over the Cardinals. They've competed hard and been competitive in a ton of games despite a lack of talent across the board.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/23/2021 at 10:38 AM, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah, Campbell is safe if Detroit is serious. 

They practically started from scratch. It hasn't been pretty, but the on-field product is getting somewhere. 

They need some more weapons, but Detroit wasn't an overnight fix, especially after Swift went down. 

Classic 3 year minimum situation. They're on an upward trajectory. The O-line should be better going forward, Goff has shown a bit of grit, the S they converted to RB has been a revelation and should work well in tandem with Swift. St. Brown is coming along. Reynolds helped A LOT. 

Off the top of my head, the offense next year will consist of Decker, Sewell, Goff, Swift, C Reynolds, J Reynolds, St Brown, Hockenson.... that's a really solid core group. 

On D, I can't think of a single player they have, but they haven't looked too awful the last couple of weeks. Find an impact guy or two in the draft and FA, I could see Detroit easily being in the 8-9 win column next year. 

The Lions have some pieces to build around. As you said their offensive lie should be good going forward, Swift/Hockenson look like future studs, and they have some other good complimentary pieces. They need Okudah back and to improve their front 7, likely a true #1 WR as well, but I think they have a pretty decent foundation going forward. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/23/2021 at 10:18 AM, CWood21 said:

Nagy is gone.  Judge is probably gone as well.  Fangio is likely going to get knocked out this round.  Zimmer probably gets the axe if they miss the playoffs.  Think Campbell is safe.  Culley is a huge wild card.  Could see them cleaning house already.

The Giants just announced that Judge and Jones will both be back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...