Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

5 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I do enjoy the fact that he didn't dispute the fact that he sucked; just told that fan that he/she also sucks. 

I'm very glad you caught that - it's a point of emphasis here in Houston.

BoB knows he sucks. 

On 1/11/2022 at 10:27 AM, TitanSlim said:

Maybe it’s me being scarred from dealing with Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck and Deshaun Watson within the division the past 15+ years, but I’m avoiding going to a division with two top 5 QBs.

Yeah, but all Luck and Watson are why you shouldn't worry about it, because things change - 

2018 - "man, we've gotta face down Luck and Watson for the next decade" 

2020 offseason - "best QB in this division by a long shot is Tannehill" 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Yeah, but all Luck and Watson are why you shouldn't worry about it, because things change - 

2018 - "man, we've gotta face down Luck and Watson for the next decade" 

2020 offseason - "best QB in this division by a long shot is Tannehill" 

They were both unprecedented situations though. I can’t recall ever seeing a top 10 QB retiring before he turned 30. It’s also unheard of for a top 5 QB asking for a trade in the prime of his career (not to mention the off the field stuff).

Maybe something changes with Mahomes and/or Herbert within the next 3-4 years, but I don’t think you can bet on them not being on the Chiefs or Chargers for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chops013 said:

Anyone want to take a stab at how the carousel will pan out? I’ll go with:

DEN - Quinn

NYG - Flores

JAX - Leftwich

MIA - Daboll

MIN - Pederson

CHI - Frazier? (Hardest team to pin down imo)

*HOU - J.McDaniels (if Cullen is let go)

DEN - Hackett

NYG - Schoen/Daboll

JAX - Pederson

MIA - Moore

MIN - Wolf/Flores

CHI - Dodds/Eberflus

The most interesting head coaching candidate this cycle though is Mike McDaniel. The Giants are interviewing both Ran Carthon and Adam Peters from SF for their GM opening. If either of those guys are hired, I'd think they'd want to at least interview McDaniel.

So either Culley is getting fired or the Texans are the worst FO in NFL history (both can be possible, I guess)

Culley and staff had the chance to coach at the Senior Bowl and the Texans declined.

• I think the Jags declined first because they are replacing their interim staff.
  • The Lions at #2 accepted.
  • The Texans passed.
  • The Jets at #4 accepted.

I don't have an article proving this but 610 in Houston (official Texans radio) are treating it as fact.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

@ET80 what was your reaction when you say BoB was interviewing for JAX?

I'm hoping he never gets another job in football, even with a division rival.

I'm also waiting for the "I told you so" moment for a few people who think that BoB is a good HC, but shouldn't make personnel decisions. That's been cropping up from a few people lately.

It's almost like people think I don't know what I'm talking about... I mean, they're right more often than not, but this isn't one of those times.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm hoping he never gets another job in football, even with a division rival.

I'm also waiting for the "I told you so" moment for a few people who think that BoB is a good HC, but shouldn't make personnel decisions. That's been cropping up from a few people lately.

It's almost like people think I don't know what I'm talking about... I mean, they're right more often than not, but this isn't one of those times.

Hope you don’t consider me as one of the people that think he’s a “good HC” lol.

My whole basis is he wouldn’t be the worst option considering his work with young QBs and putting them in a situation to succeed. That’s desperately needed for TLaw after what he was just put through.

Below Pederson, Caldwell, Byron, Moore, and probably Hackett. Would much prefer him to Bevell, but it’s close with Bowles (not that I don’t like Bowles, but until I know what his OC/QB coach plans were that’d worry me). 

• Like 1