Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

9 hours ago, Forge said:

It's okay, don't worry. I don't think they'll need that extra time lol

Leave punt team out on field hoping g for SF to call a timeout. 

Run game is no threat. 

Pass game is no threat.

Ok.  Let's sub everyone at 20 seconds remaining on the play clock.....so the defense gets to sub as well and the official has to DO HIS JOB  and hold up the play.

Now that is 

Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

• Like 3

https://theathletic.com/3061132/2022/01/17/ranking-the-eight-nfl-head-coach-vacancies-by-their-appeal-to-candidates-mike-sandos-pick-six/

Sando polled 5 NFL Execs & Coaches to rank the 8 coaching vacancies. I'll share the rankings and a few snippets from the article

1. Broncos

2. Vikings

3. Raiders

4. Bears

5. Dolphins

6. Giants

7. Jaguars

8. Texans

The table above shows average and median votes by the five coaches and execs. The one voter with a background in offensive coaching rated the Jaguars second for Trevor Lawrence’s presence on the roster. Everyone else had Jacksonville in the bottom three.

“From a roster construction standpoint, Chicago is a very desirable location if you ask me, including the fact that you could possibly trade (Justin) Fields,” said a coach who analyzed the Bears’ roster but did not vote in this poll.

“I think Mara thinks he gets it — ‘I’m a Mara and I get this,’ ” a former GM said. “It’s not that easy. He jumps in and says, ‘We’ve hit rock bottom’ and just says stuff, but I don’t think he helps it. … They think hiring a new GM is changing it up, but it is really not. The systems in the building are all the same, the people are the same.”

These were the teams where coaches and execs thought ownership was most likely to be supportive or at least neutral. The Vikings and Raiders already have decent veteran quarterbacks. Minnesota has some higher-end personnel pieces, including receiver Justin Jefferson, and ownership there has given its coaches and GMs ample time/latitude to build the roster. George Paton’s presence as the Broncos’ GM was seen as a positive. There was also some thought Denver could be in position to make a play for Aaron Rodgers if the Packers’ quarterback pushes for a trade.

Edited by 49ersfan

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

https://theathletic.com/3061132/2022/01/17/ranking-the-eight-nfl-head-coach-vacancies-by-their-appeal-to-candidates-mike-sandos-pick-six/

Sando polled 5 NFL Execs & Coaches to rank the 8 coaching vacancies. I'll share the rankings and a few snippets from the article

1. Broncos

2. Vikings

3. Raiders

4. Bears

5. Dolphins

6. Giants

7. Jaguars

8. Texans

Denver is the most appealing spot because you might, maybe, hopefully be able to land Aaron Rodgers, lulz.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Are you going to replace him with the guy running quarterback draws in a hail mary situation?

That's exactly what's about to happen. Like with Jason Garrett over a decade ago, Jerry Jones is scared to death to lose Wonder Boy 2.0 to another team.

Jerry will not keep McCarthy and watch Kellen Moore get hired somewhere else. It's not in his nature.

HC Moore

New OC 

New DC

Sounds like a winning formula to me. 🍺🍿

25 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

That's exactly what's about to happen. Like with Jason Garrett over a decade ago, Jerry Jones is scared to death to lose Wonder Boy 2.0 to another team.

Jerry will not keep McCarthy and watch Kellen Moore get hired somewhere else. It's not in his nature.

HC Moore

New OC 

New DC

Sounds like a winning formula to me. 🍺🍿

Jones might not want to lose Moore like he did with Sean Payton.

Jones might even try to lure Payton to Dallas as a replacement.   Might be tempting for Payton..... Dak, Lamb,  Cooper, Elliott,  Pollard.