Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

If someone hires Jerod Mayo do the Patriots get draft picks?

He was their DC in practice but the Patriots don't often hand out the DC title.

It would be fitting if their job title BS cost them a bonus draft pick.

Nevermind, its for any assistant coach, not just OC and DC.

Edited by SkippyX

5 hours ago, SkippyX said:

If someone hires Jerod Mayo do the Patriots get draft picks?

He was their DC in practice but the Patriots don't often hand out the DC title.

It would be fitting if their job title BS cost them a bonus draft pick.

Nevermind, its for any assistant coach, not just OC and DC.

To my knowledge, the comp picks are rewarded if a minority candidate is hired off a staff only to the highest roles: HC and GM.

Just as an example, the Ravens received a R3 comp pick last year and will receive another this year because the Texans hired David Culley (their passing game coordinator and assistant HC) as their HC for this year.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Really? Damn, I was just joking about the Texans. The Saints would do well with him imo.

@ET80

Brian Flores lost his mind having to start Tua. If he flops in Houston he's likely never getting another head coaching job. Doesn't strike me as someone that would love the idea of Mills as the starter.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Ian Rapport just did a report saying that if we do decide to move on from Carr that the Saints and Texans are the two teams to watch.

That would be news to pretty much every major media person in Houston.

I'll trust local media over Rapport.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Brian Flores lost his mind having to start Tua. If he flops in Houston he's likely never getting another head coaching job. Doesn't strike me as someone that would love the idea of Mills as the starter.

He's talking to Watson about playing together - why would he start Mills if Watson is willing to play?

What if they could play together WITHOUT their franchise having to mortgage a future? There's only one team that can offer that.

1 minute ago, Jraider91 said:

Have they denied it ? 

Nobody really said anything outside of Davis Mills is the entrenched starter and Deshaun Watson would be a potential return if Brian Flores was hired.

Derek Carr hasn't been mentioned at all, Mills performed well enough in the back half of the season.

I'd think the Texans have to cut bait on Watson. Start fresh. Don't hamper Mills' development. Get rid of that huge contract. Let a new guy come in and sort everything out. As for Flores, there are numerous curious spots if he wants to be with Watson. Who knows, maybe Giants? Broncos?