Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

On 12/21/2021 at 1:05 AM, Nabbs4u said:

That's exactly what's going to happen after Dallas loses in the playoffs. Very little doubt in my mind that Jerry's isn't going to Wade Phillips McCarthy for wonder boy 2.0 after this season.

The fact that McCarthy showed up on the job as overweight as he was told me everything I needed to know. Do you really have the stamina to go over hours of film and real time game management drills when you are that big? It’s not like his track record is as good as Reid’s either. Seems like he’s riding the coattails of a talented roster. Unless he gets Dallas close to a SB or the SB itself, he shouldn’t be back…. Unless the team just plays horribly and Dak turns it over 5 times.

6 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

If Kingsbury keeps collapsing in the 2nd half of the season and they're a WC and 1 and done in the playoffs he could be added to the list.

I'd assume they give him at least one more year just because of all the injuries they've had to deal with this year.

9 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

The fact that McCarthy showed up on the job as overweight as he was told me everything I needed to know. Do you really have the stamina to go over hours of film and real time game management drills when you are that big? It’s not like his track record is as good as Reid’s either. Seems like he’s riding the coattails of a talented roster. Unless he gets Dallas close to a SB or the SB itself, he shouldn’t be back…. Unless the team just plays horribly and Dak turns it over 5 times.

What does McCarthy's weight have to do with his ability to watch film? 

29 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

What does McCarthy's weight have to do with his ability to watch film? 

You have to be able to get up and down the field and stand for hours when you are in game. Is he delineating everything to Boy Wonder? You just don’t see a lot of guys at his age and that weight doing these jobs, unless you are Caroll or Bill and make it a point of emphasis to get some exercise every so often. Andy Reid probably would have retired at this point had it not been for the emergence of Mahomes. I’d say Reid being the only exception because it’s well documented how much he puts into it every week. McCarthy seems like more of a laid back, family guy (more power to him). Not as dedicated as Reid I feel.

23 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

McCarthy has been portly for years.  That wasn't the reason he was let go in GB.  😉

21 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

For sure:
Matt Nagy 

Maybe?
Vic Fangio
Matt Rhule
Mike Zimmer 

Retires?
Pete Carrol 

Could honestly see Zimmer going the retirement route too. We forget how old he is and he’s got a young and really attractive model for a girl friend so I’d say he’s done well for himself as a NFL coach. Couldn’t get it done as a head coach, just feel the nfl is passing him by. 

Edited by vikingsrule