Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

It seems like hiring in general is at a snail's pace this season. This time last year, the Texans were the last team to bring in their HC, and that was on 01/28/21 - here we are two days away from that date and nobody has been hired yet.

What gives?

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It seems like hiring in general is at a snail's pace this season. This time last year, the Texans were the last team to bring in their HC, and that was on 01/28/21 - here we are two days away from that date and nobody has been hired yet.

What gives?

Teams are realizing hiring someone vital to the organizations success within a week of doing interviews was incredibly dumb?

• Like 5

Just now, .Buzz said:

Teams are realizing hiring someone vital to the organizations success within a week of doing interviews was incredibly dumb?

It's hard for me to think teams such as Jax or Houston suddenly got "smart" over the course of a year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I'd guess that Moore's lack of interview requests are due to the fact that he's likely the coach in waiting for the Cowboys. 

A vast majority of Cowboys fans want Moore fired or are hoping and praying he gets a HC job. A lot of them blame him for not getting it to Pollard instead of Zeke more and not getting more balls to Amari. They think he’s regressed during the year and is still too much a work in progress finding his way as a young coordinator.

Who knows if Moore is really the leader of men you want as your HC. He’s a really nice guy to my understanding and I’m sure he’s well liked, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s the leader to pull the reigns.

I was thinking about him as a possible candidate before this season, but after how it went downhill I’m not sure if I would be banking on him being ready for this. He probably still needs more seasoning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

What gives?

If you look at the teams who needs a coach, there are quite a few who hire coaches every 2 years. My guess, is that teams are taking their sweet time to make sure they get it right this time so they can finally get some sort of stability. And just in general, I feel teams are taking their time with both GM's and HC's because they really can't afford to miss. For example, Dave Gettleman was hired on December 28th, 2017 or something like that. What was the rush? That obviously didn't work out for them. Plus, there isn't any can't-miss coaching candidates this year.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

What gives?

I'm thinking that adding that extra week to the season might have something to do with it a bit. We're basically a week behind where we were last year. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

What gives?

You can’t forget the extra week of the season which pushes things back, but it really seems like each team is doing a pretty thorough search which I’m all the way here for. Teams should take more time and interview a lot of guys. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The extra week and more methodical approach makes sense, ultimately... I just figured we'd have movement by now.

couple things

-- 17th game has pushed things back naturally as other have noted

-- there is not really a head and shoulders have to have candidate

-- several GM openings and getting that settled is a component

-- is being first the best in the long run when this GM/HC decision is such a big part of the overall team success

• Like 1