Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

A vast majority of Cowboys fans want Moore fired or are hoping and praying he gets a HC job. A lot of them blame him for not getting it to Pollard instead of Zeke more and not getting more balls to Amari. They think he’s regressed during the year and is still too much a work in progress finding his way as a young coordinator.

Who knows if Moore is really the leader of men you want as your HC. He’s a really nice guy to my understanding and I’m sure he’s well liked, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s the leader to pull the reigns.

I was thinking about him as a possible candidate before this season, but after how it went downhill I’m not sure if I would be banking on him being ready for this. He probably still needs more seasoning.

McVay had 8 years (3 OC, 5 positions coach) and Shanahan had 13 years (9 OC, 4 positions coach) of experience before they were hired as head coaches. Kellen only has 4 years of coaching experience so I'd agree that he definitely needs more time. 

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's hard for me to think teams such as Jax or Houston suddenly got "smart" over the course of a year.

Just because they are taking time doesn’t necessarily mean they are being smart per say.

I just don’t think the Texans are able to get a lot of good candidates in the door. Their list of interviewed candidates is so much lower and so is the quality of the candidates.

Jags know after the Meyer situation that they can’t afford to not look like they are trying their hardest to do a good thorough search. They don’t want the clown masks to come back.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It seems like hiring in general is at a snail's pace this season. This time last year, the Texans were the last team to bring in their HC, and that was on 01/28/21 - here we are two days away from that date and nobody has been hired yet.

What gives?

Every team wants to hire a coordinator from one of the 4 remaining teams, lol.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Just because they are taking time doesn’t necessarily mean they are being smart per say.

I just don’t think the Texans are able to get a lot of good candidates in the door. Their list of interviewed candidates is so much lower and so is the quality of the candidates.

Jags know after the Meyer situation that they can’t afford to not look like they are trying their hardest to do a good thorough search. They don’t want the clown masks to come back.

The Raiders have literally interviewed two candidates, our interim coach and Mayo.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

McVay had 8 years (3 OC, 5 positions coach) and Shanahan had 13 years (9 OC, 4 positions coach) of experience before they were hired as head coaches. Kellen only has 4 years of coaching experience so I'd agree that he definitely needs more time. 

Yeah, he’s been calling plays for a few years now, but he only had that 1 year as a QB coach in 2018 before getting the gig in 19 when Linehan was fired.

People mocked the Sirianni hire, but despite not being the play caller in Indy he still had 17 years of coaching experience total and 12 years in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, he’s been calling plays for a few years now, but he only had that 1 year as a QB coach in 2018 before getting the gig in 19 when Linehan was fired.

People mocked the Sirianni hire, but despite not being the play caller in Indy he still had 17 years of coaching experience total and 12 years in the NFL.

Backwards hoodie man surprised me as the season went on, he looked lost to start but somehow he and the goat Jalen Hurts, turned the season around.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Every team wants to hire a coordinator from one of the 4 remaining teams, lol.

I don’t think that’s true really besides the Bills who one of their coordinators probably gets the Giants job since both got second interviews from a newly minted GM from their franchise and also maybe KOC for Denver. That’s about it.

• Like 1

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don’t think that’s true really besides the Bills who one of their coordinators probably gets the Giants job since both got second interviews from a newly minted GM from their franchise and also maybe KOC for Denver. That’s about it.

'Twas a joke. I'd guess that 4/8 teams also having a GM vacancy (Raiders, Giants, Vikings, Bears) to start the hiring process has slowed things down a ton.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Backwards hoodie man surprised me as the season went on, he looked lost to start but somehow he and the goat Jalen Hurts, turned the season around.

Him and Gannon both didn’t get off to hot starts, but both were first time play callers in the league and we went up against 5 playoff teams in the first 7 weeks. I think both got better as the season went on and some has to do with the competition getting easier, but also just playing to the teams strengths and opening up the playbook more and adding in new wrinkles. I think Sirianni showed more and did it against better quality defenses than Gannon did against QBs in the second half of the year.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

It seems like hiring in general is at a snail's pace this season. This time last year, the Texans were the last team to bring in their HC, and that was on 01/28/21 - here we are two days away from that date and nobody has been hired yet.

What gives?

Teams see so many of the rushed hire in a week of interview deals that were done were bad and those teams are already moving on. Being much more deliberate this time add to that most of these teams are GM hunting to and those candidates will likely want input on the HC.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

What gives?