Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

I just don't get it with Dan Quinn.  I'm not saying guys don't deserve second chances at HC, but what did Quinn ever do in Atlanta that was so impressive that it warranted another HC job only a season removed from his Atlanta stint?

He did a good job in Dallas this season, especially in his willingness to move Micah Parsons around, but the Cowboys defense benefited immensely from generating a lot of turnovers.  That isn't something that likely would have been sustainable next year.  I would have liked to see him run the defense for another year.  

The defenses in Atlanta were consistently below average to terrible outside of one season.  You could argue the Falcons didn't do a good enough job giving him the talent he needs.  That would be a fair argument.  But you would still expect better.  There's also the many games the Falcons lost due to poor game/clock management and conservativeness that falls on the HC.  They only had 2 winning seasons in 6 seasons with him.  I think most people would say Kyle Shanahan had a lot to do with their Super Bowl season.

I'm sure he's a good interview and well-respected in NFL circles.  But I just think that would be a really bad hire for the Giants.  And not one that will excite many Giants fans.  

EDIT - Welp nvm now lol

Edited by iknowcool