Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

9 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Andy learned that lesson, let somebody else stress about the contracts and college scouting.

Reid is obviously the man still, but less a puppet master and more of lead collaborator

I still want to know where the hell he finally learned clock-management from?

Or was I the only one that notice when there were those 31 seconds left in the 4th quarter of the playoff game against the Bills... Andy Reid had all 3! of his timeouts?

4 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I thought you couldn't block promotions, only lateral moves?

Only way you can block it, per say, is to promote the guy, thereby making it where the "promotional hire" would have to be for an even higher position (HC).

4 hours ago, Forge said:

That is considered a lateral move because of the lack of play calling duties. 

^^ This too.

Edited by Dr LBC

6 hours ago, Forge said:

That is considered a lateral move because of the lack of play calling duties. 

I know that McVay blocked Staley from interviewing O’Connell last season for an OC position, even though it might be considered a promotion because he would have been able to call plays with us.

14 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I know that McVay blocked Staley from interviewing O’Connell last season for an OC position, even though it might be considered a promotion because he would have been able to call plays with us.

I wonder how he managed that. I thought they changed it where if it was an actual promotion, such as  calling plays, you couldn't block them. 

I guess that is not the case. If they play a role in game plans, they can be blocked even if they don't call plays. Crazy..

It used to be that you could block position coaches from interviewing for coordinator positions because that was still considered lateral. 

Here are the updated rules

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

I still want to know where the hell he finally learned clock-management from?

Or was I the only one that notice when there were those 31 seconds left in the 4th quarter of the playoff game against the Bills... Andy Reid had all 3! of his timeouts?

Mahomes has been just as good for Andy, as Andy has been for Mahomes

Before Mahomes, Andy liked to turn off the engine and tinker, now its perpetually on idle and streamlined

Bienemy also has the guys super prepared for most situations, they already knew the playcall before kickoff with 13 seconds left

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean is he favored purely because he’s been interviewed 3x in 12 months or am I missing something?

He's favored for two reasons:

- He's Jack Easterby's friend.

- He'll allow Nick Caserio to coach from the booth.

The interviews are formalities at this point, titles are worthless - Jack Easterby owns the Houston Texans, Nick Caserio is HC/GM and Josh McCown is the older brother in the locker room who players can relate to and pray with.

This is going to be such a glorious disaster. I'm fully expecting the 3rd pick to be flushed down the toilet, as well as every pick received in the Deshaun Watson trade (two 3rd round picks, I'd imagine).

Literally everyone in that building operates as if they've suffered a traumatic brain injury...

• Like 1