Week 16 GDT - Tennessee Titans vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Titans offense is banged up, missing Henry & Jones

Spy Tannehill & double AJ Brown every snap. Run defense has been very improved lately and they don't have any other prolific threats

Titans have a good DL, right? Right side of the OL is probably gona get abused. Which likely means the pass game is gona struggle. Hope we get Mitchell back. 

Best case, this is probably going to be a grind it out game, an ugly win. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nope, at the earliest it will be the Rams game according to Shanny.

That's why this is pretty much a must win game now. 

Not too surprised given it's a high ankle sprain, but at least we can have him back for the playoffs. Shouldn't need him for the Texans, which is good. 

Just now, 49ersfan said:

Titans have a good DL, right? Right side of the OL is probably gona get abused. Which likely means the pass game is gona struggle. Hope we get Mitchell back. 

Yes, they will get after it. Landry has had a nice season and Simmons is the next great interior rusher. 

I don't expect Mitchell back for this game 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Titans offense is banged up, missing Henry & Jones

Spy Tannehill & double AJ Brown every snap. Run defense has been very improved lately and they don't have any other prolific threats

Best case, this is probably going to be a grind it out game, an ugly win. 

AJ Brown's practice window has opened this week, but doesn't mean he will play. Vrable didn't seem confident that Brown would be back during his press conference.

And yes, Titans have a good DL anchored by Landry, Autry, and Simmons. As for our right side, Compton has been surprisingly very good over the last couple of weeks. He's one of the top rated run blockers and has been sufficient in pass pro. Let's hope that continues this week.

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

AJ Brown's practice window has opened this week, but doesn't mean he will play. Vrable didn't seem confident that Brown would be back during his press conference.

And yes, Titans have a good DL anchored by Landry, Autry, and Simmons. As for our right side, Compton has been surprisingly very good over the last couple of weeks. He's one of the top rated run blockers and has been sufficient in pass pro. Let's hope that continues this week.

Yeah, I don't think that you bring Brown back when sitting him another week buys you 10 extra days. 

I don't expect Julio back either (and if he does come back, I suspect he'll leave the game sometime int he second quarter) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not too surprised given it's a high ankle sprain, but at least we can have him back for the playoffs. Shouldn't need him for the Texans, which is good. 

We need to win two out of three to get in now. Eagles at the very least split with WFT and then have the Giants and Cowboys in week 18...Cowboys may have nothing to play for. They can easily win 3 of the last 4. Saints have the Dolphins/Panthers/Falcons and they can and SHOULD easily win at least 2 of 3.

If that happens, we have to win 10 games to get in. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We need to win two out of three to get in now. Eagles at the very least split with WFT and then have the Giants and Cowboys in week 18...Cowboys may have nothing to play for. They can easily win 3 of the last 4. Saints have the Dolphins/Panthers/Falcons and they can and SHOULD easily win at least 2 of 3.

If that happens, we have to win 10 games to get in. 

9 wins will do it, I'm pretty sure. Not at all concerned. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I don't think that you bring Brown back when sitting him another week buys you 10 extra days. 

I don't expect Julio back either (and if he does come back, I suspect he'll leave the game sometime int he second quarter) 

Julio is definitely out. But Foreman looked good and man our corners are not good right now to say the least lol. Tannehill has a good deep ball as well but our defense should be good enough. As long as Jimmy does not panic and just eats it by throwing it away or just takes the sacks, we should be fine. 

I don't think Mitchell will be back either. 

Just now, Forge said:

9 wins will do it, I'm pretty sure. Not at all concerned. 

So you see Philly going 2-2 and Saints going 1-2 to finish the season? That's kind of wishful thinking right there. 9 wins almost were guaranteed to get us in as long as the Saints lost last night...But they won and now things have changed. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So you see Philly going 2-2 and Saints going 1-2 to finish the season? That's kind of wishful thinking right there. 9 wins almost were guaranteed to get us in as long as the Saints lost last night...But they won and now things have changed. 

Neither team is good enough that I feel comfortable saying that they will win or lose any number of games. 

We are in the driver's seat until we aren't. I'm not just not concerned. We have the tie breaker against philly and minnesota head to head and that's a whole lot of muck at 7-7. Nothing to concern myself with until it's a little clearer and closer.