Week 16 GDT - Tennessee Titans vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Neither team is good enough that I feel comfortable saying that they will win or lose any number of games. 

We are in the driver's seat until we aren't. I'm not just not concerned. We have the tie breaker against philly and minnesota head to head and that's a whole lot of muck at 7-7. Nothing to concern myself with until it's a little clearer and closer. 

It's not about having a tiebreaker vs Philly. When it is a three team tiebreaker, it comes down to conference record and that's what screws us. If all three teams finish 9-8, we are the odd team out. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's not about having a tiebreaker vs Philly. When it is a three team tiebreaker, it comes down to conference record and that's what screws us. If all three teams finish 9-8, we are the odd team out. 

Again, they have to get there first. New Orleans could also just pass us up and win out and then we have the tie breaker over just about everyone if we finish with the same record. 

I think the #7 seed, whoever it is, gets in at 9 wins. That can still be us, so I'm just no all that concerned about it. 

There's a reason we are 80% to make the playoffs according to 538. Where we are at right now is fine. I don't need to really worry about where we will be next week or the week after until we get there. 

Team could have picked their losses better, but water under the bridge. We are still in a good spot. 

WFT - 8-9

Vikings - 8-9

Seahawks - 8-9

Saints - 9-8

Eagles - 9-8

My predictions after looking at their schedules

9 wins might do it, but 10 wins should guarantee us a spot. 

Would definitely feel better with the Vikings, Seahawks & WFT losing today & tomorrow (we have the H2H tiebreaker over the Eagles, but not sure how a 3 or more way tie would work)

Edited by 49ersfan

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

WFT - 8-9

Vikings - 8-9

Seahawks - 8-9

Saints - 9-8

Eagles - 9-8

My predictions after looking at their schedules

9 wins might do it, but 10 wins should guarantee us a spot. 9 might do it bu

Would definitely feel better with the Vikings, Seahawks & WFT losing today & tomorrow (we have the H2H tiebreaker over the Eagles, but not sure how a 3 or more way tie would work)

Yep, 10 wins is what I'm going to say the team needs to get in at this point. So need to win two of the next three. Beat the Titans and then we are in GREAT shape. 

Also, apparently Nick Bosa is the favorite for come back player of the year now. I know its a largely whatever type award, but if he wins that, it's going to be pretty impressive as that should have been a lock to go to Dak (I know he's struggled lately) based on injury & position. That's how crazy good Bosa has been 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Also, apparently Nick Bosa is the favorite for come back player of the year now. I know its a largely whatever type award, but if he wins that, it's going to be pretty impressive as that should have been a lock to go to Dak (I know he's struggled lately) based on injury & position. That's how crazy good Bosa has been 

Is DPY that far out of reach?

Anyway, this season is giving me nostalgia vibes from the 1988 campaign. Team was 6-5 playing musical chairs at QB with Montana/Young...and at that point were 9th in the NFC playoff picture at a time 5 out 14 conference teams were admitted per conference (a bit over 30% compared to 40% with the structure now). 49ers battled back and with some luck with the correct tie-breakers snatched the #2 seed plus a first round BYE. This clip is taken from A Football Life: The Book of Walsh.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Julio is definitely out. But Foreman looked good and man our corners are not good right now to say the least lol. Tannehill has a good deep ball as well but our defense should be good enough. As long as Jimmy does not panic and just eats it by throwing it away or just takes the sacks, we should be fine. 

I don't think Mitchell will be back either. 

Foreman hurt his ankle on Sunday in the 4th quarter. Looked like he was in a lot of pain. He isnt going to play

16 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, 10 wins is what I'm going to say the team needs to get in at this point. So need to win two of the next three. Beat the Titans and then we are in GREAT shape. 

In any case, you don't want to get into the playoffs having lost 2 of 3... If there's one game to lose, it's this thursday, then win the next two (always more fun when we beat the rams), and we have some momentum. But obviously, I'd rather win all 3.