Week 16 GDT - Tennessee Titans vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Nah. Playing a 9-5 team, on the road, short week, cross country travel. Would have liked to have seen us get to Tannehill more, but what can you do. Guys are probably tired. 

All they had was AJ Brown. We should have taken advantage of the dominance early on. This game was very winnable imo.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nah. Playing a 9-5 team, on the road, short week, cross country travel. Would have liked to have seen us get to Tannehill more, but what can you do. Guys are probably tired. 

No, it is a terrible loss. On paper it's not but it is a terrible loss no question about it. Had a chance to end the game in the first half and missed so many opportunities while giving Titans an easy TD off a INT. 

One of the worst losses of the seaosn. 

Don’t care about the short turn around, that was a horrible showing especially from Jimmy. 2 Ints and almost a 3rd. Missed a couple of wide open throws and clearly the Titans went after Ambry in the 2nd half just like every team since he’s been starting. We usually start our games hot and then start simmering out as it plays out. I really can’t get a feel. We clearly have a lot of star power but we aren’t playing cohesively. 

1 minute ago, AustrianNiner said:

All they had was AJ Brown. We should have taken advantage of the dominance early on. This game was very winnable imo.

Oh, it was definitely winnable. But that schedule does nobody any favors. I am just never expecting this team to come out their best in that situation. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, it is a terrible loss. On paper it's not but it is a terrible loss no question about it. Had a chance to end the game in the first half and missed so many opportunities while giving Titans an easy TD off a INT. 

One of the worst losses of the seaosn. 

Not sure what you guys were expecting here. My expectation was always going to be that this was a sloppy game. You just hope that the other team is sloppier. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Not sure what you guys were expecting here. My expectation was always going to be that this was a sloppy game. You just hope that the other team is sloppier. 

You're looking at the loss on paper pre-game....You aren't taking into account what actually took place. The team completely dominated the first half and could have been up 17-0 or 21-0. When you blow that many opportunities, then this becomes a terrible loss. 

Only Jimmy was sloppy, everything else about the game was normal. 

Tough loss but the Seahawks are always a tough matchup for us, we were missing several stars, and lost more key players during the game 

My confidence level was not high for this game, still a painful loss as it was very winnable. Again the dumb mistakes doomed us 

Onto Cinci. I have us winning that game and ending up 10-7 and sixth seed overall, with a loss to the Titans on the road and on a short week

I said this on page 41 of the Seahawks GDT on December 5th 

Still holding to that. The way we lost was heart breaking though, but this was the outcome i expected

We'll still make the playoffs. We were -2 in TO differential on a short week and long road trip against a quality opponent and they STILL needed a last minute FG to win 

Just frustrating that their gameplan was basically max protect & throw it up to AJ Brown and we didn't have an answer. And that Jimmy couldn't even just be competent. I don't care what any advanced stats say. 2 back breaking turnovers, missing a wide open TD, taking a dumb sack, missing Aiyuk on a wide open 4th down, it was a bad night for him. 

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to y'all. Just remember, the season ain't over.