Week 16 GDT - Tennessee Titans vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

IF AJ Brown does play and is lined up in the slot for majority of the snaps, then I hope Ward is the primary corner on him. Ward simply put does not allow much to ANYONE and will be able to physical with Brown at the LOS. I love Williams, but I think Ward will be the one more suited to covering him. At the very least, put him on Brown on 3rd downs. 

Speaking of Ward, how does a guy that is THAT good in coverage ever make the pro bowl when he is not a great playmaker? Is it even possible? 

18 hours ago, Forge said:

Lol

Just to add a little more to this tweet, I did the same week range but added a filter to weed out unqualified passers who played 4 or less games during this stretch. The list of passers is 26.

Jimmy has

• 7th most big time throws
  • 4th lowest turnover worthy throws
  • 5th most passing 1st downs
  • 3rd best Comp%
  • 5th most passing TDs
  • 4th fewest INTs
  • #1 in YPA

For fun, here's where Ryan Tannehill ranks:

• 13th in PFF grade
  • 23rd in YPA
  • 23rd in big time throws
  • #1 in turnover worthy throws
  • 3rd in most times sacked
  • 15th in passing 1st downs

Good for us that the Seahawks & WFT lose. Almost no chance for them to come back into the race. We have the tiebreaker with the Eagles. Saints & Vikings are the other teams to watch 

Also, we could still get the division...

10 -4 Rams - Vikings, Ravens, 49ers

10 -4 Cardinals - Colts, Cowboys, Seahawks

8-6 49ers - Titans, Texans, Rams

We could be 11-6 with the Cards going 10-7 and the Rams going 10-7 or 11-6 (provided that loss is to us)

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Good for us that the Seahawks & WFT lose. Almost no chance for them to come back into the race. We have the tiebreaker with the Eagles. Saints & Vikings are the other teams to watch 

We could be 11-6 with the Cards going 10-7 and the Rams going 10-7 or 11-6 (provided that loss is to us)

Division is not happening, let that go lol.

I think looking at the upcoming schedules of WFT and Philly, it would have been better for WFT to win. The tiebreakers really don't matter in three way ties. To me, 10 wins is still what it is going to take to get in. The Rams will now be playing their starters in week 18 so that game is going to be tough.

Got to win on Thursday and I think we can....AJ Brown is likely to play and Julio may as well though I doubt it. Even so, we should be able to get the job done. 

One of the more impressive things about Jimmy I will say is how much people like him around the team. No matter how you feel about him overall, everyone should be able to admit that he's a little limited and he makes mistakes / misses throws. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single teammate frustrated with him like cousins has dealt with in Minnesota, for example. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Forge said:

One of the more impressive things about Jimmy I will say is how much people like him around the team. No matter how you feel about him overall, everyone should be able to admit that he's a little limited and he makes mistakes / misses throws. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single teammate frustrated with him like cousins has dealt with in Minnesota, for example. 

Definitely, the most frustrating I've seen anyone may have been Aiyuk last season and Deebo two weeks ago where they would throw their hands up when Jimmy didn't take a deep shot to them when they were open. Aside from that? Haven't heard a peep of frustration and they defend him at all costs. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I think the locker room is John and Kyle's biggest achievement since they took over. These guys love the game, they have worked hard even when things weren't going well, and they're there for each other. Jimmy deserves credit for this as well. He has been a great leader. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I would've liked to see the Seahawks win last night. I'd rather get the #5 seed and play the Cardinals than get the #6 seed and have to go to Dallas or Tampa. I think if we go to Arizona in the playoffs, we win. They probably didn't like getting swept by the Cardinals with one of the games we could've won and the other they completely embarrassed themselves at home. There's no way the Cardinals win 3 in a row on this team.

16 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ryans has done a good job no doubt, but I don't think people are ever going to understand why this pass defense is always solid, regardless of who plays at corner lol.

I think its a staple of that original Seahawks defense our D is build upon. If you have a strong core from D-line to LB to S your corners aren't the most important because you give them little time and take away the easiest part. Against this D you either have to go with the thousand cuts approach which is usually what you see against he Cards or really attack deep down the sideline which you need a top O-line because else you are getting sacked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I think its a staple of that original Seahawks defense our D is build upon. If you have a strong core from D-line to LB to S your corners aren't the most important because you give them little time and take away the easiest part. Against this D you either have to go with the thousand cuts approach which is usually what you see against he Cards or really attack deep down the sideline which you need a top O-line because else you are getting sacked.

It's a stable of the original cover-3 but really it's just how good and sound our LBs/safeties play. There is a reason the pass defense looks so bad when either or even both of the starting safeties are out. Ward/Tartt/Warner are damn good in coverage. Ward and Warner are legitimately super elite at their positions and do so much that the PFF grades don't pick up. 

Seriously, I can't recall the last time Ward has been badly beat in coverage. He's lining up 20 times in the slot in single coverage and still doesn't get thrown at much and when he does, it's usually with him having great coverage.

PAY THAT MAN! 

• Like 1