The enigma that is Jameis Winston

bucsfan333

ALl of these numbers are great. But turnovers don’t win games. He seems to be fine tuning his game in spurts. The INTs are down but the fumbles need to be next. 

Im looking forward to his progression next year but I think some people forget he’s got a 6 game suspension cloud over his head. 

5 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

ALl of these numbers are great. But turnovers don’t win games. He seems to be fine tuning his game in spurts. The INTs are down but the fumbles need to be next. 

Im looking forward to his progression next year but I think some people forget he’s got a 6 game suspension cloud over his head. 

Jameis cuts down on the fumbles, which is completely doable, and he’s a top 5 QB with this kind of work in the pocket and under pressure.

Id argue that we need a legit C and put a Marpet back to G and that will help the C/QB exchange. Play players at their strength. Play 2 great OL and 3 crap vs 5 average. Just a thought.

Im not concerned with a possible suspension right now. This is not Zeek and there is 0 evidence at this point. A suspension truly would be unprecedented.

5 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Jameis cuts down on the fumbles, which is completely doable, and he’s a top 5 QB with this kind of work in the pocket and under pressure.

Id argue that we need a legit C and put a Marpet back to G and that will help the C/QB exchange. Play players at their strength. Play 2 great OL and 3 crap vs 5 average. Just a thought.

Im not concerned with a possible suspension right now. This is not Zeek and there is 0 evidence at this point. A suspension truly would be unprecedented.

I agree with you on the oline.   Allow Winston to step up without defenders in his face and the fumbles will go way down.  It's not like the pocket has been very clean all year.  I'm all about moving Marpet back to center.

I dont expect the results of the investigation until after the Super Bowl.  The league loves to control the message.  With the lack of evidence out there if no suspension is given, better to do it in February.  The social media lynch mob will complain, then free agency will happen and it will basically be forgotten.  If there was more evidence, Im confident there would be leaks coming out, not surprisingly none so far,  

If there was actually evidence, it would have come up by now and Jameis would have already been suspended.

That's not to say Goodell won't flex and still attempt to suspend him. But it seems pretty clear nothing more has come from the original allegations.

30 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

If there was actually evidence, it would have come up by now and Jameis would have already been suspended.

That's not to say Goodell won't flex and still attempt to suspend him. But it seems pretty clear nothing more has come from the original allegations.

That’s the thing. Zeke was found not guilty and still was suspended Bc the NFL is it’s own court of law. 

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

That’s the thing. Zeke was found not guilty and still was suspended Bc the NFL is it’s own court of law. 

I know I’m forgoing our criminal justice system with this comment, and that may not be fair, but there was plenty of evidence to suggest there was foul play with Zeek. There is nothing of that sort, so far, with Jameis in this situation.

59 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I know I’m forgoing our criminal justice system with this comment, and that may not be fair, but there was plenty of evidence to suggest there was foul play with Zeek. There is nothing of that sort, so far, with Jameis in this situation.

Yeah you’re right. I’m hoping this wasn’t pushed off to look into by the nfl until after the super bowl. Hopefully they’ve been investigating since word came out. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Wowsers.

I didn't see anything earth shattering.  "Impress the world" gets the clicks, but isnt Jackson basically reiterating what supposedly he indicated earlier in the article " tried too please too many people".  Maybe Im not understanding something, I dont know.  Can we first get a more efficient/average run game and an average defense and then make conclusions on Winston.  I don't get the impression Jackson isn't in the corner of Winston.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to post this because I believe this is another unwavering signal of support from the organization towards Jameis.  To run this story on the team s official website at this particular time  strongly suggests the QB isnt close to leaving town.  I do believe upper management already has a good idea where this investigation will wind up.

Archived