Trevor Benched, Brock to QB Broncos

AnAngryAmerican

As Adam Schefter works to scrape the egg off of his face, Mike Klis at 9news is reporting that Brock Osweiler will be the Broncos new starting QB moving forward. 

Denver Broncos head coach Vance Joseph informed his players at their team meeting this morning that Brock Osweiler will replace Trevor Siemian as their starting quarterback. 9News was the first to report of the quarterback switch.

Bronco players were off Tuesday, but Joseph had Siemian and Osweiler come in to team headquarters at UCHealth Training Center at about 7 Tuesday night to inform them in person of his decision.

23 minutes ago, champ11 said:

They had to do it. Lose the next two games and put Lynch in. 

Nah, we shouldn't. Let's wait until next year. 

Trevors shell shocked after a year and a half of beatings. Brock will probably end up the same.

Let's not take a chance at destroying Lynch until McCoy and company find a way to protect a QB.

I'll bet our QB's are terrified when McCoy calls for multiple WR's and an empty backfield.

Honestly, I don't think anyone should be married to any of the QBs we have. Siemian isn't the answer, Brock isn't the answer. If Lynch isn't progressing, he's not the answer. Lynch is a sunk cost. If we're terrible this year and can get a young QB, we need to do that and move on from all 3 of these guys.

I'm semi hopeful that Brock will be halfway decent without the pressure on him but who knows.

10 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I am not going to forget that Brock has played in some BIG games and won them...

Here's a prediction: A rejuvenated and highly motivated Brockweiler leads the Broncos to a week 9 victory over the highly-confident Philadelphia Eagles who under-estimate the Broncos after a string of demoralizing prime-time losses.

Then, as Broncos Country, Andrew Mason, and 104.3 TheFan start slobbering all over their new starting QB, Brock lays an egg against Cincinnati at home and reminds us all why he's been backing up Trevor Siemian on the veterans minimum. 

12 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I am not going to forget that Brock has played in some BIG games and won them...

Yes but HE SUCKS. He has zero NFL skills. I'm sorry, I just hate this after seeing him be freaking terrible for a year. It's on tape. Look at what the Texans are doing with that talent he had this year. The guy was not only bad, he was a laughing stock. The likelyhood of him stepping up and being good out of nowhere is so slim. He is so much worse at avoiding sacks than Trevor. He has a slower release than Trevor. Trevor is shot - but it's not like Brock has skills that can help in the current offense. 

Brock was handled w/ complete kiddy gloves that season (as a fourth year player). His best game, play wise, was actually the SD game where he got benched. Kubiak deserved way more credit for that year than he got and I think people are starting to realize it.

1 minute ago, bMiller031 said:

Here's a prediction: A rejuvenated and highly motivated Brockweiler leads the Broncos to a week 9 victory over the highly-confident Philadelphia Eagles who under-estimate the Broncos after a string of demoralizing prime-time losses.

Then, as Broncos Country, Andrew Mason, and 104.3 TheFan start slobbering all over their new starting QB, Brock lays an egg against Cincinnati at home and reminds us all why he's been backing up Trevor Siemian on the veterans minimum. 

Not a very enlightening prediction.  Here is a prediction...Brock comes in looks the part in the 2015 Super Bowl run.  

Archived