2022 Draft Position Watch

Broncofan

1 hour ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Both teams tonight being 7-7, the Dolphins have a worse SOS than us, so them winning is great. They would’ve jumped us in the draft order with a loss, but the Saints will not.

And NO plays ATL week 18 - so if we lose out, we'll ensure that NO stays behind us if they win, or we could have both ATL & NO both drop back.

Given we want a QB next year, 2 L's the next 2 weeks would go a long way in securing really good draft capital.  Yes, the G-men could beat our package, but apparently they're sticking with Daniel Jones & HC Joe Judge (LOL if that's true).  When it comes to teams like NO & PIT, we'd have them beat in draft capital - which would be ideal IMO.

1 hour ago, broncosfan_101 said:

A WFT win today (off to a good start) would mean losing out gets us a top 10 pick for sure. 

A TEN win gets KC to win-to-get-bye scenario Week 18, too.    We definitely want KC to play all out.

Of course, the big thing is LAC taking care of business against us, first & foremost.  But a TEN win would be ideal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

A TEN win gets KC to win-to-get-bye scenario Week 18, too.    We definitely want KC to play all out.

Of course, the big thing is LAC taking care of business against us, first & foremost.  But a TEN win would be ideal.

KC loses!

1 minute ago, AKRNA said:

Don't intentionally miss the point! A fan begging for a team to finish us off isn't much of a fan IMO. 

I suspect everyone posting in this thread doesn't feel that way.   If a clear L seals a much needed change, it's lose the battle, win the war.   

2 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

After that ST performance, ANY question on whether McMahon keeps his job ? Gotta be one of the worst special teams play I've seen in a long while

If Munchak & Kollar kept their jobs, it would be a nice plus.    Especially since Munchak wants to stay in Colorado to be with his grandkids. 

But McMahon, Shurmur & Fangio, it would be an upset if they ever got an interview for ST/OC/HC ever again (Fangio would obv get calls right away for DC, but can't see HC calls, especially at his age - not like he's shown he can change his weaknesses).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I suspect everyone posting in this thread doesn't feel that way.   If a clear L seals a much needed change, it's lose the battle, win the war.   

Maybe not, but since 1963 I've never rooted for this team to lose. Don't figure to start now. I'll leave that to the fair weather fans.

1 minute ago, AKRNA said:

Maybe not, but since 1963 I've never rooted for this team to lose. Don't figure to start now. I'll leave that to the fair weather fans.

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to get an incompetent HC, OC, ST fired. If this team showed any kind of hints of being a good team it’d be different, but they folded every time. It’s a bit hard to care whether they lose another game as long as it gets a better draft pick and a new coaching staff.

8 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to get an incompetent HC, OC, ST fired. If this team showed any kind of hints of being a good team it’d be different, but they folded every time. It’s a bit hard to care whether they lose another game as long as it gets a better draft pick and a new coaching staff.

Honestly just leave him be.  He really hoped Fangio would stay, it's not like it's a state secret.   This pretty much seals Fangio's fate (if it wasn't already sealed TBH).   It's OK to grieve.   Like you said, he's also very much on an island if he thinks you need to be a true fan to not see the benefit of losing given how it changes our draft capital, and brings about much-needed change.  

Every fan who's posted here has said the same thing - we don't want the team to tank.   We want the young guys to grow, and we hope no one gets hurt.    But this year, especially once we're eliminated - the worse our record, the more ammo we have to fix our greatest roster problem - QB. 

Lose vs. KC, and we get a top 10 pick in all likelihood, and we also have better draft capital than Pittsburgh & New Orleans, who we'll be likely competing for top-trade QB services.   And it's clear Fangio, Shurmur, McMahon & co. all need to go.   This only helps.   I mean, this is the thread is still getting replies & updates.   It's pretty clear the impact going 7-10 after next week would mean to our org.

Edited by Broncofan