2022 Draft Position Watch

Broncofan

28 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

CHI absolutely fell apart in the 2nd half, but WFT did the job. Sitting at 10th overall going into the late game window. Looking for ATL and SEA wins to drop us down to 8th as our new best case scenario. If I had to guess, 67% chance of staying at 10, 33% climbing to 9. 

Andy Dalton is useless.

The play calling was atrocious.  3 4th down gambles, 3 play action plays that MIN pass rush disegarded, and 2 sacks of more than 15 yards.   Make no mistake, those were the game changers (along with Dalton's deficiencies).     Very likely another fitting end to a HC era with Chicago and Matt Nagy.

#10 is fine, though.    To think we were in a playoff game scenario vs. CIN at 7-6, to finish 7-10 and get a top 10 pick - I'd have taken it every day, as I didn't see us making ANY noise this playoffs with this coaching staff and this QB.    But we didn't lose any young core players to injury, and we showed every reason for a top elite QB to want to come to DEN.  

#9/#8 would be a bonus, but this honestly has been a great result for our long-term future.  No complaints.

Still, we've got a shot, so on to ARI-SEA and NO-ATL lol....

Edited by Broncofan

On 1/2/2022 at 10:16 PM, broncosfan_101 said:

WFT over NYG

CHI over MIN

ATL over NO

SEA over ARI

Those are the rooting interests. A loss to KC basically guarantees us 11th overall at worst, these outcomes would move us up potentially all the way to 7th. Looking at them, I’d say it’s a coin flip between finishing between the 9th and 10th spots (I’ll probably use the 9th pick when I’m running mock simulations this week. Optimism!)

The coin flip came up in our favour! And I’ve gotta be honest, I love Von, but I’m certainly cheering for the Rams to get bounced next weekend. It could be worth a 5+ spot jump in both the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I want that.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Odds are, a Rams loss tomorrow would move those picks up by 5 spots. That added value combined is the equivalent of a mid-late 4th. I love Von but….gimme that capital

If the rams win my $20 wild card parlay pays out $400. So go rams!

initially I had picked all home teams, but I knew at least one would lose. Something told me the cowboys were gonna cowboy 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

If the rams win my $20 wild card parlay pays out $400. So go rams!

initially I had picked all home teams, but I knew at least one would lose. Something told me the cowboys were gonna cowboy 

If ppl wonder why DAL can’t get it done in playoffs consider this for yesterdays game:

14 penalties, 6 pre-snap.  

Draining 40 secs after fake punt succeeded by leaving punt unit on field to try and get SF to use a TO.    Down 16 pts with 12 minutes to go and taking a delay of game penalty.  

Not getting a play off with 6 secs to go in 3Q.    

That final play call.   

FWIW it’s not Quinn’s area but those are the game management examples Id love to see if he’s learned on.   Those 3 decisions literally cost time DAL couldn’t afford to waste.   Besides the penalties (and leading the league in penalties for the season) if ppl wonder why Mike McCarthy is likely getting fired that’s  a microcosm of what he doesn’t bring as a HC. 

On the flip side Shanny punting 2x on 4th and 1 and JimmyG being awful in the 2H was the only reason they were in a position to lose.    Crazy how close the margins are in the playoffs.  

Edited by Broncofan

• 2 months later...