Week 16 vs Ratbirds

sparky151

Very enjoyable game. All 3 receivers, Burrow and Mixon all looked absolutely dominant at times. Really noticed Reader being out. Didn't get much pressure and Johnson was taking advantage at times. This type of game though, it's not a surprise, Baltimore knew they had to score a ton to have a chance. Overall, really good and fun day to be a Bengal fan. I will take it!

Honestly seeing Taylor being ultra aggressive this game, calling nonstop passes in the second half just $:-&es me off that much more looking back at the 9ers game. It’s like, when the game is well in hand you can look “fake aggressive”. But the moment it has an actual impact on the game/season he just shrivels up. 

12 hours ago, Carson4MVP said:

Honestly seeing Taylor being ultra aggressive this game, calling nonstop passes in the second half just $:-&es me off that much more looking back at the 9ers game. It’s like, when the game is well in hand you can look “fake aggressive”. But the moment it has an actual impact on the game/season he just shrivels up. 

Well, Baltimore wasn't destroying our offensive line in passing situations like San Francisco did, so I'm not sure you can compare the two.

12 hours ago, Carson4MVP said:

i get the feeling they're still trying to figure it all out.  i don't think we're looking at Taylor's final form as a game caller.  ultimately i lean more toward he's going to continue to stay aggressive in the future, but i wouldn't rule out some weird games where he goes aggressive bc he's trying not to lose it.

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

i get the feeling they're still trying to figure it all out.  i don't think we're looking at Taylor's final form as a game caller.  ultimately i lean more toward he's going to continue to stay aggressive in the future, but i wouldn't rule out some weird games where he goes aggressive bc he's trying not to lose it.

Yeah, Taylor is still learning as a coach for sure. He's made some strides in his time here, but definitely has room to improve. I appreciate his thoughtfulness and candor in post games talking about his shortcomings. He may not be the guy, but I am a lot closer to thinking he'll grow into it than I have been in previous seasons.