Week 16 vs Ratbirds

sparky151

So this is way off topic,  but no one reads this forum anyway,  so I just wanted throw out some thoughts. I got sucked into a rabbit hole in the Athletic, like you do, about the Browns and how they should move on from their QB. And while I never thought he was great, I'm surprised he's not good enough. Anyway, the comments section is hilarious as usual, with a few people talking about how they can't even say "at least they're better than the Bengals" anymore. Of course I was selling one of my brown fan buddies on them having a very real chance still, but that's beside the point. After getting bored, I wanted to look at records, since it felt like it's only been like two seasons that they were better than us. So I looked, and it turns out that we've been 4th for the past three seasons, but they were third.  Prior to that, they were 4th 7 straight years and 9 out of 10. Not only that, they've never won the north. Division started in 02 and they've only been second twice, 02 and 07. All this baffles me. Hopefully we continue this streak in two weeks.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2021 at 3:57 PM, Beck Bristow said:

So this is way off topic,  but no one reads this forum anyway,  so I just wanted throw out some thoughts. I got sucked into a rabbit hole in the Athletic, like you do, about the Browns and how they should move on from their QB. And while I never thought he was great, I'm surprised he's not good enough. Anyway, the comments section is hilarious as usual, with a few people talking about how they can't even say "at least they're better than the Bengals" anymore. Of course I was selling one of my brown fan buddies on them having a very real chance still, but that's beside the point. After getting bored, I wanted to look at records, since it felt like it's only been like two seasons that they were better than us. So I looked, and it turns out that we've been 4th for the past three seasons, but they were third.  Prior to that, they were 4th 7 straight years and 9 out of 10. Not only that, they've never won the north. Division started in 02 and they've only been second twice, 02 and 07. All this baffles me. Hopefully we continue this streak in two weeks.

As loosely as i follow even the Bengals now, the Browns demise makes no sense to me.  what happened to them?

2 hours ago, theJ said:

As loosely as i follow even the Bengals now, the Browns demise makes no sense to me.  what happened to them?

No idea. This season they looked inconsistent,  then they destroyed us, then inconsistent and covid. Some injuries mixed in too. Still wouldn't shock me if they win out to make the playoffs.  Still think the talent is there for that.