Week 16: Giants vs Eagles Round Two *Now With 75% "Less" Neck!*

Nabbs4u

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

May.......? 👌 you have your own answer. 

lol even with the 14 turnover swing in their favor the point differential is still only +1 Packers. 

Packers: 359 for 302 against + 57

Eagles: 364 for 308 against +56

Dont you find it odd even after all those takeaways the Packers did less with the opportunity to score? Or we have just been a stellar offense? Which makes less sense. Essentially the Packers have been terrible converting points off turnovers or we’ve been so good on offense, we don’t need extra possessions to keep up with on of the best QBs of all time. There’s more to it than just Aaron Rodgers is great and he doesn’t turn the ball over. Special teams TDs and defensive TDs could probably be the reason. Eagles have 3 this year? Maybe GB doesn’t have any. Still though, it’d be close. 

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Hey that's a cool story. But if we want to rely on him in the future, he's got to be better at actually reading the field and be more accurate. Doesn't have the arm to compensate for those short comings like Wentz did at times.

Hopefully we give him a shot to do that and not trade away a ton of assets.

First real season more or less, want to see that jump next year.

Just now, Kiltman said:

Hopefully we give him a shot to do that and not trade away a ton of assets.

First real season more or less, want to see that jump next year.

Oh I'm definitely not looking to trade a lot of assets.

Though if we're sitting there at pick 14 or 15 or whenever one of our picks comes on board, Matt Corral is there? I'd at least hope we'd consider it. If Hurts struggles next year, and Minshew is still waiting in the wings, I'd at least hope we'd consider it. Don't just hand him the job for the whole year.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Oh I'm definitely not looking to trade a lot of assets.

Though if we're sitting there at pick 14 or 15 or whenever one of our picks comes on board, Matt Corral is there? I'd at least hope we'd consider it. If Hurts struggles next year, and Minshew is still waiting in the wings, I'd at least hope we'd consider it. Don't just hand him the job for the whole year.

Sure if one of the top guys is just sitting there go for it. Kinda like what the Pats did with Mac Jones.

I just think of where Lamar was year one, how Dak similarly wasn’t really reading the field. And a lot of others who had to grow into it / have the offense tailored to their strengths. Gives me some hope. Stuff like that clip I posted where Jalen wholly directed the offense for the last big Reagor screen. Love to see stuff like that.

We go into it knowing he’s the guy and can do an evolved version of what’s been successful this back half of the season. Thing we could be in a pretty good spot. Especially when you add in like getting another reliable wideout, getting a defense that can give the offense shorter fields.

40 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

We go into it knowing he’s the guy and can do an evolved version of what’s been successful this back half of the season. Thing we could be in a pretty good spot. Especially when you add in like getting another reliable wideout, getting a defense that can give the offense shorter fields.

See that's really what we don't want.

Philly more than a lot of fanbases is what have you done for me lately. Did we forget the last appearance Hurts had was his worst ever, period? Against a sad Giants team? 

I'm not against letting Jalen continue to have a chance, but proclaiming him "the guy" is the wrong way to approach it. I will fully admit, this past game was Jalen's best showing I've seen to date (before Pete comes and tries to poke me). But we should also keep in mind it's against a bad Washington team when we had more than 2 weeks to prepare and they'd been dealing with not knowing who was going to be able to play and just having no QB of their own. If we're going to be honest about grading Minshew because it was the Jets, we need to be holding Hurts to the same standards.

I think the reason most people are so eager to designate Hurts as the guy is because it is so convenient for the team, and would mean we didn't massively shoot ourselves in the foot by being stuck with a mediocre QB with no prospect of a franchise QB in the near future. 

I mean, it would be a huge break if we had 3 1st rounders and an answer at QB. But what are the chances we fell *** backwards into a franchise QB that was considered a reach, given this team's track record of drafting and developing? 

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think the reason most people are so eager to designate Hurts as the guy is because it is so convenient for the team, and would mean we didn't massively shoot ourselves in the foot by being stuck with a mediocre QB with no prospect of a franchise QB in the near future. 

Precisely. I don't want us reaching on a QB in this upcoming draft, but if we're staring a guy in the face that is good value, it'd be foolish not to pick him.

Draft should be BPA all the way.

• Like 1

Here's hoping the Eagles can force 4 TO's somehow verses the Giants, get short fields and see where the game takes them.

It's why they beat us 4 weeks ago and why Dallas beat them last week. Here's to not having a 15 play 108yd drive result in no points ever again. 🤞

Edited by Nabbs4u

34 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

So It Begins Helms Deep GIF

Prb hanging with those Wash players for a reunion. Went out to Applebee’s, shared some mozz sticks, got a little nuts, hit up a Hooters, did some body shots (off each other), contracted covid, high fived, home by 9:15, fever and chills by 10:00.