Week 16: Giants vs Eagles Round Two *Now With 75% "Less" Neck!*

Nabbs4u

13 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think the reason most people are so eager to designate Hurts as the guy is because it is so convenient for the team, and would mean we didn't massively shoot ourselves in the foot by being stuck with a mediocre QB with no prospect of a franchise QB in the near future. 

I mean, it would be a huge break if we had 3 1st rounders and an answer at QB. But what are the chances we fell *** backwards into a franchise QB that was considered a reach, given this team's track record of drafting and developing? 

Maybe the vast majority tweeting hot takes and calling into radio shows are doing that, but I don’t think that’s what’s going on at least on this forum.

I think from where I’m sitting and most on here is that Jalen is a guy with exceptional intangibles and has shown enough improvement from his brief time in a rookie year out of hell with COVID, the Wentz drama and being thrown in late in the year with some shuffling offensive lines and an underperforming group of skill position players without a true WR1 and fairly boring vanilla play calling (was worse with Wentz). Nobody thinks he’s suddenly an amazing passer and solidifying himself as a borderline top 10 QB like PFF has him near graded out to be probably cause of his run grade and being fairy protective with the football.

At least as it stands through week 15 I’d say he’s definitely shown enough progress from late last year when we inserted him for Carson with a weak QB class to likely give himself his first year of continuity since playing HS ball for his dad in Texas before starting as a true freshman at Bama. I understand his limitations and there is a better chance of him not being a franchise guy than being one. I think people underrate his professionalism from Bama to here with adversity he’s faced. Jalen at least since he came on everyone’s radar at Bama as a true freshman starting he has improved every year. A lot of that professionalism and ability to handle adversity unlike someone probably comes from being a coaches son if I had to guess.

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Imagine if we had a real QB leading this Offense? Points and yards might be higher? 

Relax. I think it’s more of a combination of Nick getting his ish together with the run game and also playing garbage for the last 8 weeks. Teams have a combined record of 44-67-1. That tends to skew the numbers a bit. We knew this would happen. Our schedule got markedly easier 2nd half. We played 6 of the bottom 12 defenses during that stretch of 8 weeks. Granted, they’ve performed better than I expected but let’s not anoint them an offensive juggernaut. We are where we should be playing a generally easy schedule. Top 1/3 of the league offensively. 

20 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Just know Jroc, when you finally do decide to jump on this Train, we're going straight up Snow Piercer and you might get a ticket in the last car. 🥃😎

Trust, I’ll be the first, second and third to tell everyone my years of watching football were for naught. Hurts has to make about 2-3 more leaps to become a SB capable QB. Hopefully, this draft can turn us into the ‘85 Bears, then I think we can win a SB. Otherwise, it’s just gonna be wildcard for a decade and getting stomped in the 1st round. Love Hurts as a guy and leader. Hate his arm, hate his passing game. I don’t see there’s much he can do to get it better. 

11 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Imagine if we had a real QB leading this Offense? Points and yards might be higher? 

No one ever said your team can't be successful with a running QB. Just you probably won't win the superbowl with said player.

See Lamar Jackson great player. Team folds in the playoffs every year.

26 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

If Eagles, 49ers and Vikings all finish 9-8, we get left out per playoff machine. Does anyone know why? Looking at the NFL.com 3 club WC tiebreaker, I thought it’d be us and Minny.

We lost head to head with the Niners that is likely a factor I would assume.

24 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

We lost head to head with the Niners that is likely a factor I would assume.

Then I'd assume Vikings in that scenario probably has more conference/common opponett wins too?

Edited by Nabbs4u