Week 16 Gameday: Broncos Locked in @ Raiders?

broncosfan_101

Just a quick point - the LV pass D is ranked 25th by DVOA.   Their CB’s are decent but their RB/TE coverage is normally awful.    They rank dead last in INT’s at 5.    So fact there were no TO’s on our end, don’t be too quick to think it’s a major turnaround.     Ultimately our inability to take advantage of a good matchup really shows how much an overhaul at QB / OC / HC is needed.   Rowles isn’t great but the point is undeniable.  

Edited by Broncofan

34 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Just a quick point - the LV pass D is ranked 25th by DVOA.   Their CB’s are decent but their RB/TE coverage is normally awful.    They rank dead last in INT’s at 5.    So fact there were no TO’s on our end, don’t be too quick to think it’s a major turnaround.     Ultimately our inability to take advantage of a good matchup really shows how much an overhaul at QB / OC / HC is needed.   Rowles isn’t great but the point is undeniable.  

To add to this, Raiders starting nickel (Hobbs) and outside corner (Faycson) were on the Covid list. Starting SS (Abram) was lost for the year. It was shocking to see the Broncos not take advantage of their secondary that was pieced together.

6 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

Couldn’t catch the game, but I saw the boxscore and was very confused. 7 carries a piece for our RB's. Only 22 passes for Lock. 3 turnovers forced. What a weird game.

1 for 10 on 3rd down.  3 key drops.   But also 4 bad throws / hang-on to ball way took long that led to sacks.    Lock wasn’t the big problem but his flaws are still there. 

49 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

This is enough for me to have Drew close out the year. If Vic & co rush Teddy back from a gnarly concussion for a couple of irrelevant games at the end of the season there’s something else at play behind the scenes, IMO.

I'm sorry, but that guy you quoted is absolutely lying. Teddy's had higher scores on at least half his starts

56 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

This is enough for me to have Drew close out the year. If Vic & co rush Teddy back from a gnarly concussion for a couple of irrelevant games at the end of the season there’s something else at play behind the scenes, IMO.

Here's just one example.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/9/16/22676809/pff-metric-ranks-teddy-bridgewater-top-10

I don’t want to call PFF “garbage” but it’s damn close. It’s literally laughed at by a lot of players and coaches and looks to me to be a marketing gimmick for Collinsworth/NBC. 

Look, Drew wasn’t the problem yesterday. But he also wasn’t good enough to overcome the shortcomings around him. The greats make average OLs look good, mediocre coaches look competent, middling receivers look passable (pun intended). Drew isn’t that. But by no means is Teddy, either. 

What’s been most troubling about Teddy is how totally checked out he has looked since even early in the year. He played in New Orleans under Payton and with Brees, he knows what a good team and a stable franchise look like. He learned quickly this isn’t it. And then he got two horrible concussions. From a human perspective, I don’t want to see Teddy play again this year, for his own sake. 

3 hours ago, bMiller031 said:

He can, and probably should, close out the year. There's nothing left to prove or achieve. Let him get some run. He ain't the future, but it can't hurt.

16 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I don’t want to call PFF “garbage” but it’s damn close. It’s literally laughed at by a lot of players and coaches and looks to me to be a marketing gimmick for Collinsworth/NBC.

I personally hate that it's become such a metric for the casual fan to point to. The Raiders 2nd highest ranked player on Sunday was RT Brandon Parker. He gave up the sack fumble, multiple pressures, blown up repeatedly, had a holding call that killed a drive but somehow graded out 85.8 on their grading system. 

It's garbage, call it what it is.

• Like 2