Pete Carmichael, Jr.

G08

Frustrated Bears fan on a bye week here... wanted to get ya'lls thoughts on Pete Carmichael, Jr. I recall him taking over playcalling duties for Payton a few years back and you had one of your most explosive offensive seasons in recent history.

I wanted to ask if you thought he was really that good of an offensive mind, or if he was more or less riding on the coattails of Payton.

Has he mentioned at all about wanting to be a head coach (I've noticed he had some interviews and turned down others); and do you think he could lead a team? Not to be an A-hole but dude likes like a pretty big dweeb lol

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Frustrated Bears fan on a bye week here... wanted to get ya'lls thoughts on Pete Carmichael, Jr. I recall him taking over playcalling duties for Payton a few years back and you had one of your most explosive offensive seasons in recent history.

I wanted to ask if you thought he was really that good of an offensive mind, or if he was more or less riding on the coattails of Payton.

Has he mentioned at all about wanting to be a head coach (I've noticed he had some interviews and turned down others); and do you think he could lead a team? Not to be an A-hole but dude likes like a pretty big dweeb lol

I don't see Pete going anywhere as long as Brees is still a Saint. 

Really hard to evaluate Pete. Not sure how much he really knows, how much of it is Payton and his offensive game planning, and how much of it is just Brees being Brees. I know that doesn't really answer your questions, but I don't think any of us Saints fans really know what Pete is capable of.

Petes a very innovative offesive mind and you dont spend that much time behind Payton and not learn anything.

Biggest question with Pete is his ability to lead men... However looks can be deceiving. I really thought Pace would hire Pete a few years ago but apparently he wanted someone with experience building a program. However if Fox is fired and with Trubiskys development paramount, It wouldnt shock me to see Pace inquire about Petes intentions this offseason.

2 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Petes a very innovative offesive mind and you dont spend that much time behind Payton and not learn anything.

Biggest question with Pete is his ability to lead men... However looks can be deceiving. I really thought Pace would hire Pete a few years ago but apparently he wanted someone with experience building a program. However if Fox is fired and with Trubiskys development paramount, It wouldnt shock me to see Pace inquire about Petes intentions this offseason.

I just look at the moves Pace has been making and IMO it's in an attempt to build an offense like yours. Shaheen as Graham (he's nowhere near as good, IMO), Tariq Cohen as Darren Sproles, Jordan Howard as Mark Ingram, Trubisky as Brees, etc.

5 hours ago, G08 said:

I just look at the moves Pace has been making and IMO it's in an attempt to build an offense like yours. Shaheen as Graham (he's nowhere near as good, IMO), Tariq Cohen as Darren Sproles, Jordan Howard as Mark Ingram, Trubisky as Brees, etc.

I gotta tell you... I was impressed with the Bears and I really feel Pace is doing a good job. Hicks is a MONSTER in that scheme and you defense is legit. Yall had some hard luck at reciever but you have a foundation to build around on the line in Long. Howard is a underrated gem and Cowen is a good player that will get better. 

It all falls on Trubisky though... He has to progress and develop. Especially with how Watson is playing. I like Trubisky, he showed athletisim, touch and toughness aganist the Saints in a very tough place to play. I agree with Sean Payton that the kid has a bright future. If yall can keep Vic at DC and find a young innovative offensive mind (maybe Carmichael) to run the show and help Trubisky, build that O-line up and get him a reciever the Bears can really make some noise very soon.

6 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I gotta tell you... I was impressed with the Bears and I really feel Pace is doing a good job. Hicks is a MONSTER in that scheme and you defense is legit. Yall had some hard luck at reciever but you have a foundation to build around on the line in Long. Howard is a underrated gem and Cowen is a good player that will get better. 

It all falls on Trubisky though... He has to progress and develop. Especially with how Watson is playing. I like Trubisky, he showed athletisim, touch and toughness aganist the Saints in a very tough place to play. I agree with Sean Payton that the kid has a bright future. If yall can keep Vic at DC and find a young innovative offensive mind (maybe Carmichael) to run the show and help Trubisky, build that O-line up and get him a reciever the Bears can really make some noise very soon.

Thanks man, that's the huge issue we are facing in Chicago right now. Fox has 1 year left, Fangio comes out of contract this season. No way in hell I see him re-signing here for a lame duck like Fox. 

If we FireFox, will Fangio expect an interview to be HC? He's expressed in the past his desire to be a head coach one day.

In a perfect world, we land a Carmichael Jr, Nagy, or even freaking McDaniels and they convince Fangio and Donatell to stick around.

Archived