Ian Book

MookieMonstah

46 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

I'm actually excited. I might turn the game off after one quarter if he's an absolute disaster but, Messiah or not, you can't know for sure until you see a guy in action

Itll be fun. I think Payton will keep it very simple for him. Lets pray one of our OTs can play lol

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

The NFLs COVID policy is such a joke. Maybe if they had daily testing, Siemian would have been detected before Hill caught it. Instead they test randomly and wait for someone to get symptoms and the entire team has it by the time of detection because omicron gives two poops if you’re vaccinated. 

They test unvaccinated players every day.  But they need to test everybody every day, because vaccinated people are getting it left and right also.  Expensive maybe, but this is the NFL.

4 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

They test unvaccinated players every day.  But they need to test everybody every day, because vaccinated people are getting it left and right also.  Expensive maybe, but this is the NFL.

Meanwhile ordinary people can't get their hands on a test so they can safely visit their families for the holidays. I'm just about over my flu symptoms and finding even a rapid test was a challenge. I'm seeing people on reselling kits (with considerable markup, as you might expect). Strange days.  

3 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

Meanwhile ordinary people can't get their hands on a test so they can safely visit their families for the holidays. I'm just about over my flu symptoms and finding even a rapid test was a challenge. I'm seeing people on reselling kits (with considerable markup, as you might expect). Strange days.  

If I'm sick I'll stay home, if not I'll do what I have to do.  I'm vaccinated and beyond that I'm not gonna worry myself to death over it.

This whole thing is stupid.
Exactly zero NFL players have died from this thing, and most have mild symptoms, if any.

Meanwhile, you can - and players do - play with the flu, which is extremely dangerous for the elderly and very young, but apparently that doesn't fit the convo.

Bottom line, what are they afraid of? Politics?

4 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

This whole thing is stupid.
Exactly zero NFL players have died from this thing, and most have mild symptoms, if any.

Meanwhile, you can - and players do - play with the flu, which is extremely dangerous for the elderly and very young, but apparently that doesn't fit the convo.

Bottom line, what are they afraid of? Politics?

Yep, the vaccine works and the NFL is good evidence. Mild cases for the most part. If they have the vaccine and no symptoms they should be allowed to play IMO. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yep, the vaccine works and the NFL is good evidence. Mild cases for the most part. If they have the vaccine and no symptoms they should be allowed to play IMO. 

I agree with this.  Healthier than average adults, most vaccinated, majority with mild or no symptoms.  Might as well let them play.  Visiting a nursing home is another story, but that's not really what we're tuning in to watch.

13 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

I agree with this.  Healthier than average adults, most vaccinated, majority with mild or no symptoms.  Might as well let them play.  Visiting a nursing home is another story, but that's not really what we're tuning in to watch.

Yeah, instead of keeping players away from other players, keep them away from the general pubic.
Test positive, you're out of the public, but you can play. Or something like that.

Kids hacking and sporting snot fangs go to school, nursing homes, sing in the crappy school Christmas program... but the healthy NFL players, nah, screw them and their entire team/org/city/fan base...