LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

I want everyone in this thread to take the time to reflect on how far we have come over the last 4 years.

We are now Super Bowl champions and considered the new "America's Team". We've suffered together and now we've made it. Enjoy this one guys. It may be short lived, but we've arrived.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I want everyone in this thread to take the time to reflect on how far we have come over the last 4 years.

We are now Super Bowl champions and considered the new "America's Team". We've suffered together and now we've made it. Enjoy this one guys. It may be short lived, but we've arrived.

Yeah, I do feel like it will be short-lived unfortunately. The real key to everything is McVay. When he walks away it shouldn't be a GSOT level of drop-off but I would think that there will be some pullback. But hopefully that isn't for 5+ years.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 4:07 PM, JonStark said:

Officially making the trip to Sofi for the opener! If anyone has any hotel/food tips, let me know. 

I was in LA for the SuperBowl, but unfortunately did not attend the game.

-Stayed at Holiday Inn LAX Airport. 20min from airport, 20min from stadium. 30min from Staples Center. Hotel was clean and had a nice lobby bar. McDonalds in the hotel parking lot if you get back late and need food. I wouldn't walk around the area alone at night,, but there's nothing to do anyway in the area that would make you want to. It's just a good main hub for everything. Won't break your bank.

-If you want to be around Rams fans prior to the game or after, check out Big Wangs in North Hollywood. They're a Rams bar and host events with World Tour Rams (fan group). Also run a party bus from the bar to the stadium and back. Big tailgate etc. 

-Fancy dinner? Go to "Meat on Ocean" in Santa Monica. Best steakhouse I've ever been to. $$$

-If you want a good spot for the Sunday games, Toms Watch Bar. Right across from Staples Center/Magic Statue. Tons of TV's.

Edited by BStanRamFan
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I was in LA for the SuperBowl, but unfortunately did not attend the game.

-Stayed at Holiday Inn LAX Airport. 20min from airport, 20min from stadium. 30min from Staples Center. Hotel was clean and had a nice lobby bar. McDonalds in the hotel parking lot if you get back late and need food. I wouldn't walk around the area alone at night,, but there's nothing to do anyway in the area that would make you want to. It's just a good main hub for everything. Won't break your bank.

-If you want to be around Rams fans prior to the game or after, check out Big Wangs in North Hollywood. They're a Rams bar and host events with World Tour Rams (fan group). Also run a party bus from the bar to the stadium and back. Big tailgate etc. 

-Fancy dinner? Go to "Meat on Ocean" in Santa Monica. Best steakhouse I've ever been to. $$$

-If you want a good spot for the Sunday games, Toms Watch Bar. Right across from Staples Center/Magic Statue. Tons of TV's.

Awesome info, thanks a lot! So pumped to finally see the stadium. 

I've only ever seen the Rams live in Philly so it'll be nice to be able to really get into it without looking over my back every play. 

56 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Awesome info, thanks a lot! So pumped to finally see the stadium. 

I've only ever seen the Rams live in Philly so it'll be nice to be able to really get into it without looking over my back every play. 

It's honestly pretty awesome to be surrounded by that many fans. If you're like me, you grow up as a fish out of water, but the atmosphere is unreal.

I've done STL games twice and one in LA the Coliseum plus two watch party's in LA at Big Wangs and It's a great experience. Enjoy man!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Really like our ILB Core this year. No more Reeder, Bobby Wagner, and Ernest Jones getting to learn from Bobby Wagner.

Yeah, it is nice that the group should be a strength. The only times our defense seemed weak last year was when teams picked on the ILB or Darious Williams. We solved the ILB issue and hopefully between Troy Hill, David Long, and Rochell/a young guy that we have strengthened that area too. EDGE got worse but that isn't really an area teams can exploit as easy. Plus we know we will add someone there eventually.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2022 at 12:32 PM, NVRamsFan said:

For those that don't know this is a great podcast they do a terrific job with every person they sit down with. Also it's a good talk with Big Whit

Such a great podcast. They get athletes unfiltered, no stupid questions or hot takes guys making them clam up. Made by ex athletes for current athletes to have a platform they can say what they want. And the result? Best content for the fans to take in cause it feels authentic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Such a great podcast. They get athletes unfiltered, no stupid questions or hot takes guys making them clam up. Made by ex athletes for current athletes to have a platform they can say what they want. And the result? Best content for the fans to take in cause it feels authentic.

Another good one here with the rookies 

• Like 1