LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

7 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Well i may be the only one but i'm okay with no trading for a RB. We tried to trade for Burns, it didn't worked and 'im not fan of Chubb. For me, it was an OL or nothing. 

I would've liked a RB, but no real great ones ended up getting moved aside of CMC which we were in on. I really think if we had a 4th, we would've gotten Hunt, but a 3rd was way too high. 

I'm with you on the OL part, but didn't seem like there was much out there to be had. Maybe we target Fisher or Warford in FA. 

9 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I would've liked a RB, but no real great ones ended up getting moved aside of CMC which we were in on. I really think if we had a 4th, we would've gotten Hunt, but a 3rd was way too high. 

I'm with you on the OL part, but didn't seem like there was much out there to be had. Maybe we target Fisher or Warford in FA. 

Yes it's too bad they didn't address OL/DL depht in the offseason. Now we are paying the price...

I have a feeling teams were trying to take advantage of us because they knew how desperate we are, but good for Snead to not overpaying. The offer for Burns seemed fair to me.

I'm upset we didn't grab Kareem Hunt though. Henderson/Brown/Rivers is going to make us extremely one dimensional and predictable.

Lack of a pass rush is going to bite us in the *** if we happen to turn into a playoff team. This really sucks. It's the firs time since 2017 that I don't have optimism.

20 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I have a feeling teams were trying to take advantage of us because they knew how desperate we are, but good for Snead to not overpaying. The offer for Burns seemed fair to me.

I'm upset we didn't grab Kareem Hunt though. Henderson/Brown/Rivers is going to make us extremely one dimensional and predictable.

Lack of a pass rush is going to bite us in the *** if we happen to turn into a playoff team. This really sucks. It's the firs time since 2017 that I don't have optimism.

Yup, I think there had to have been a way to get them their 4th.

Akers and a 7 for a 6th (I still feel like someone takes that). That 6th, our 5th, and a pick next year for a 4th. That 4th for Hunt. Sounds a little Madden-like but that's what we do. 

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

Is there a move that was made that you would have matched an equivalent of? The only one that seemed intriguing to me was Hockenson for the swaps. We currently have no TE2 that is worth playing but he'd give us a lot of variety on different personnel and think he'd help in a run/PA pass approach. Also has some experience with Stafford.

No. 

8 minutes ago, Flounch said:

A good analysis on how the pass rush is not the issue but coverage is...

Interesting. But the frustration comes from knowing exactly what the Niners will do and not adjusting. The Niners have attacked this type of defense the exact same way. Over and over and over and over and yet you don’t change it up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

Interesting. But the frustration comes from knowing exactly what the Niners will do and not adjusting. The Niners have attacked this type of defense the exact same way. Over and over and over and over and yet you don’t change it up. 

Yeah, it's one thing to normally play off coverage. It's another to play right into your opponents strength. I would love if Jimmy tried to beat us for deep explosive pass plays. Press up on him and don't let him do the 1 thing he is proficient at. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I dont think the Rams are giving up on contending this season. I would say just no deals came about. They put their offer out there for CMC but he wanted to go to the Niners. They gave up big trade offer for Burns but the Panthers declined. I remember when the Raiders declined the Rams offer for Mack. Teams do have the right to decline no matter what.

Moving forward though I think the Rams still need to continue to get healthy and just play better. They have the talent on the roster. We all talk about defense but the Rams have a top 5 defense in the NFL. Top 3 against the pass and like top 7 against the run. They would be top 10 in ppg if the offense and special teams didnt give up scores.

It just comes down to the Rams continue to get healthy and play better. Get Akers butt back on the team and hope a fire is lit for him to play better. ARob need to play better. Stafford dont turn the ball over. I can live with a no turnover, only getting sacked twice game like he had against the Niners. The defense need to start forcing turnovers. Catch those ints and recover those fumbles. This team can still win. Yes I wouldve loved for them to make a move or two and maybe it wouldve sparked something in this team. At the end of the day they have the players they just need to play better. Then obviously OBJ is still out there so go bring him back.

Yeah, I think this is less a giving up and more an acknowledgment that some stuff is just out of our hands, that even if we made trades to bolster our units still stood a fair chance of uprooting our season.  There was no feasible single move that would have transformed us into bonafide contenders from what we currently sit as - we would still need to get health and luck in certain areas even with several trades.

Honestly, if we were out and out waving the white flag on the season we'd have been sellers (and I'm not talking about Akers, here) on several guys as one-year rentals who - very, very likely - will not be back with the team in 2023, just to recoup ammunition for the 2023 offseason.

3 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

The Akers situation is a complete mess. I think it is clear the Rams wanted to move on if they could get a clear upgrade (CMC) and that Akers wants a fresh start. To me, he either needs to be back in the building this week or he has to get cut. It is clearly a distraction.

24 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

The Akers situation is a complete mess. I think it is clear the Rams wanted to move on if they could get a clear upgrade (CMC) and that Akers wants a fresh start. To me, he either needs to be back in the building this week or he has to get cut. It is clearly a distraction.

Based on tweets from Akers it’s the team not letting him play not that he doesn’t want to. We don’t know what caused the issue at this point and with the Rams past handling of things aren’t we aren’t likely to ever know.

23 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Based on tweets from Akers it’s the team not letting him play not that he doesn’t want to. We don’t know what caused the issue at this point and with the Rams past handling of things aren’t we aren’t likely to ever know.

I read it (the tweets from Akers and Pelissero's) that Akers' agents are who are telling him he shouldn't play. You are right, there is no way of knowing but I just have a hard time understanding why the Rams told him to leave and then wouldn't trade/cut him. Especially because in his last game he got the lionshare of the snaps.